PSAS Club Elections 2008-2009

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
It's that time.........

We are rapidly approaching election time again. Think about whether you would like to be involved with the clubs planning and direction. Do you want to guide the future of the club? If so, take a look at the position descriptions below and decide which would be the best fit. The current board has not gotten too tied about about titles, it's been hard just having enough people to fulfil the basic needs. We really MUST have some member involvement if this club is to continue.

I am finished as of this season. It's time for some others to share the joy!!

Thanks all!

Here is a description of the postions:

President

The President is responsible for supervision of the club and its officers and is required to fulfill the following tasks. Preside at all meetings of the club and the Board meetings. Appoint any special committees necessary for carrying out the mission of the club. Organize the necessary Board Meetings during the off-season to plan and schedule the upcoming season of events. Perform other duties as his/her office may require. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Vice President

Perform all presidential duties in the President's absence. Work with the Board to set the annual calendar of events. Organize topics or speakers for the monthly meetings. This duty will be performed in cooperation with the rest of the Board as well. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Membership Chairperson

Perform all presidential duties in the absence of the President and the Vice President. Maintain up to date membership records and keep an accurate written record of the payments made by each member of the club. Maintain a complete email and home (as needed) address list of all members of the club. The Membership Chairman is responsible for maintaining the club’s mailing distribution lists, distributing the meeting invitation and handling any other club correspondence. Handle any incoming requests or questions from prospective club members. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Treasurer

The Treasurer receives all money for the club and keeps accurate records thereof. Collect all money owed to the club and see to it that all financial obligations of the club are fulfilled. Maintain the club's bank account. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Secretary

Keep an accurate written record of the proceedings of all Board meetings. Minutes from Board meetings should be available to the membership at least seven days prior to the next regular club meeting. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed. (Currently only correspondance is on the board member forum)

Event Coordinator

The Events Coordinator is accountable for the logistics of all regular events, including location, A/V equipment needed, supplies, refreshments, etc. The Event Coordinator can call on any other board or club member to assist in the preparation or setup of meeting as needed.

Let me say one more time............ speak up and get involved!!!

ALSO - one other rule. DO NOT NOMINATE ANYONE WITHOUT SPEAKING TO THEM IN ADVANCE. This is a serious post, and needs to be kept that way. The way I see it, the board members job is to run the club, which is the same as running a business.

Are any of the current Board of Director members interested in continuing on for the next year? If so, who and for which positions?

Vicki

Come on people, Do you realize that if there isn't enough people that volunteer to be on the BOD this next term, the PSAS has a good chance of not existing????? Please don't take to the job descriptions too seriously, where ever you can help out is great. WE all know that Life happens, and you might not be able to help out 100% of the time, but if you can help out at all, speak up and get involved. Especially those of you that like to criticize the way club is run, now is your chance to step up!!

Hello everyone.........

Elections will occur at the April meeting.

What do you think will happen for future meetings if no one is interested in holding a position?

Kitsapdan and Eickhorn have expressed interest.... now who else?

Vicki? Come on, we know you are good at this stuff!!

Mike, Eric, Paul? Haven't you had a big enough hiatus Paul?

I have been contemplating being more involved in the club, but had been thinking next year as I am real new to the club (since October). However, I do not want to see this club disappear so I am willing to volunteer this year. I would be willing to hold either the treasurer or secretary positions.

As I have not seen the exact time for the April meeting I am not sure if I can make that meeting as I am doing the March of Dimes, march for babies that morning at Point Defiance Park (You can check out this website http://www.marchforbabies.org/krisfal if you are interested in learning more about this activity, or if you would like to sponsor this great event :)) The March for Babies event starts at 8:30am so hopefully it will be all done in time for me to attend the April meeting.

Krisfal any help is needed. We would love to have you come aboard. I live 2 block from point defiance park. Depending how long that goes, I may join ya. Mike

who for what positions!!!

Please list here if you are wanting to be in a Position for Club. That way people know who is available. Election will be here before you know it.

Thanks in Advance,
Ed:)

Hello
Im will to fill this job if so selected:

Membership Chairperson

Perform all presidential duties in the absence of the President and the Vice President. Maintain up to date membership records and keep an accurate written record of the payments made by each member of the club. Maintain a complete email and home (as needed) address list of all members of the club. The Membership Chairman is responsible for maintaining the club’s mailing distribution lists, distributing the meeting invitation and handling any other club correspondence. Handle any incoming requests or questions from prospective club members. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Bob Rodgers

I would be interested in who is where so to speak. I would also like to help out but dont want to commit without speaking to the current board members that are planning on staying.

Back