PSAS club memories

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MtnDewMan said:
In Nov 2002 Rob Toonen visited us and we met in the restaurant next to Below Sea Level in Seattle

The guy in the blue long sleeve shirt sitting down....that's me! lol...

Best,
Ilham

It is interesting reading some about your club. Our club, while still in infant (just held our second meeting last week), has a lot of younger people in. I would say the average age of members our club is 23.

wow! I found 3 pictures with me in them! :D

The first meeting I went to was a BBQ at Mikes house summer 2002, although I think it was a TRT and PSAS picnic...

~Randy~

I went my first meeting I think in '99 at someone's house and we were supposed to have elections, but only 4 of us showed up. I kept going and found more members and a president named Brian ?? I think I met him at MACNA 7. Gee my memory is fading(No wonder I have to keep coming to meetings)

Jon

I'll look through some photos to see what I can find...

MtnDewMan said:
I did host a meeting, and there were 32 people that jammed into my place. Here are a few pictures of that one which was in Feb 2002

You will see some familiar faces. Also note we did a workshop building a sump in my then empty garage. And you can see what my tank looked like back then.

I hadn't realized there were that many people at the meeting at your house. Of course I was glad to finally find your place in the dark. Still, they were definitely informal back then. The cooler with the beer was out on your deck, correct? (Or is my memory further gone than I thought.) I like the meeting themes and speakers now, but there was something about getting together in people's houses.

As the PSAS history gets put together, it should mention the importance of a core group of people that kept everything going. Paul, Mike, Chuck, Paul, and about 3 or 4 other guys whose names I'm blanking out on now.

Man Chuck! Memory lane there. The May 2002 tank tour must have been my first meeting. I remember all those other ones too. Fun times. I do miss the beer in the corner though.

Back