PSAS Raffle Tank-180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

stuntkiteflyer

Go fly a kite
I want to first thank CF for donating a half-off a custom build to the PSAS raffle. I also want to thank the guys at Barrier Reef for dealing with all my questions and blank looks, and for never making me feel like a “dumb girl.”

I won the half off at the 2008 raffle that was held at Penny’s Salsa. Anyway, it’s been up and running now and I have to say it is so beautiful. Going from a 24g and a 34g tank to a 180 has been very interesting process.

So I thought I would start from the beginning and work my way up until now, four months since I threw the sand in.

Jason at CF and all the guys at BR are awesome to work with, I agree! Congrats on the setup, cant wait to see some more pics.

Peace,
Jesse

So this is basically how the tank looks now. A few rocks have been moved, things added, fish changed out. But this is how it looked at the begining!

I also want to thank Salmonslayer, Steven11, and Herefishyfishy. Those three steped up when I got my very first tank and helped me out, if it wasn't for them my tank(s) would be bare.

So this is basically how the tank looks now. A few rocks have been moved, things added, fish changed out. But this is how it looked at the begining!

I also want to thank Salmonslayer, Steven11, and Herefishyfishy. Those three steped up when I got my very first tank and helped me out, if it wasn't for them my tank(s) would be bare.

love your aquascaping - lots of great shapes, caves, crevices. looks great

Fellow female reefer! Looks great! Nice rocks too! Ware did you get the rock from, im in the process of looking for some for a 125 gal.

Agreed, jumping from a 29 to a 125 here and it has been different to say the least.

Best of luck!

How are you attaching the live rock structures? Acrylic Rod & Drilling? Foam stuff?

Erm...the rock isn't attached to each other. They are just resting and nestled together. Is that what your asking? No glue rods, drilling. Its just bigger peices on the bottom and then building up and out from there. And yes that can be somewhat dangerous if you move around. hahaha

Fellow female reefer! Looks great! Nice rocks too! Ware did you get the rock from, im in the process of looking for some for a 125 gal.

Agreed, jumping from a 29 to a 125 here and it has been different to say the least.

Best of luck!

I got most of my rock from Barrier Reef, and The Shark Reef. Mostly it was just being picky, and getting rock from other people who had been selling it. It's good to know another female reefer, not a whole lot of us!

Ash

I can't take all the credit for the aquascaping, I had TONS of help with it from Barrier Reef when they helped me moved my tank.

I have Arthritis (I'm 22), and so I have to take medication that makes me very sensitive to smells...yeah, great hobby to get into right, with all the smells. So Barrier Reef has been my go to. They help take care of my tank and helped move my little ones to the big one. So if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to enjoy the hobby that I love so much!

Any updates on the tank?

Sadly, and with many tears I had to make the decision to take the tank down. I'm in college right now and money is really tight. Plus we had to sell my house because my family and I can't afford to keep it going. SO we are selling the house and therefore the tank comes down. I'm not selling it, I'm storing it for a while until I have the money to really put the effort into it that it needs, deserves, and I want too.

Back