Pump question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kelly

In order to free up more room in my cabinet for my new skimmer and ca reactor that i ordered is it possible to mount my return pump (little giant 4mdqsx) and the pump i will be using for my skimmer vertically? I was thinking of putting a mouse pad under them and screwing them to the side of the cabinet. The impeller housing should be right about at the top of my water level in my sump. Would they still prime ?

Hmm I have mounted my pumps before vertically bu they were always below the water line. Anyway you could screw a little shelf on the hold it??

Mike

The water level will be higher when the pump is not in opertaion due to the tank draining into the sump from the main display. It may be a problem when the pump is removed for service and care should be taken to ensure that the pump is properly primed before operation. The issue of noise might be a problem when you attach the pump to the cabinet.

Thanks for the replies. My situation is when i bought my sump i got one with the idea that i will get a bigger tank in the future. Also same thing when i ordered my skimmer and reactor from andy at mrc . You know that guy thing bigger is better and more power is better. Any way i'll just have to have either the skimmer or the reactor outside of the cabinet.

Back