purigen and chemi pure

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

young_skywalker

I currently use purigen in my tanks instead of carbon; however, I've heard a lot of fuss about chemi pure and was wondering what everyone thought. I've heard people say it is a miracle worker in tanks but no one says why?

thoughts...

I also used Purigen, but in addition to carbon. Purigen is for nitrogenous waste, carbon and ChemiPure - for everything else. A lot of people swear by ChemiPure, looks like it just worked well for them.

well I was thinking about adding chemi pure to my filters with the purigen. what I thought was interesting though was the fact that the reps for the product could not explain why it is better

i think adding any thing other then buffer for grow (being used)

also a must have rule, is that if your adding anything and not testing for it. you should NOt add it.

Purigen, Chemipure and Carbon all do basically the same thing. They remove toxins and polish the water. I have used all three independent and in combinations. Not really any difference in water quality or coral reaction in all uses. So due to bottom line cost for the same effect, I run a quality carbon only now.

The chemi pure elite also has phos media in it (GFO) so it is a plus for those who do not run a phos reactor and would like to lower phosphates also.

First, Chemipure is carbon and some ion excahnge resins. Ionic exchange resins in seawater work to about the nil degree. You are better of with carbon and Purigen. Those that think Chemipure is some kind of magic or miracle media are smoking something.

Back