Purple Hornets Zoas

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wgchristman

I bought these unnamed zoos as part of a pack a few months ago. Today while doing some random zoa admiring online, I came across some zoos called Purple Hornets.

The first picture is my frag taken under 250 10K halides, so they have browned out a little since I got them. The second picture is the one I got from the website.

So what do you think, are these Purple Hornets?

Attachments

• Purple Hornets.jpg
    Purple Hornets.jpg
    28.2 KB
man really nice and yes they are purple hornets ........... if you would like maybe you can frag me a polyp:)

I bought these unnamed zoos as part of a pack a few months ago. Today while doing some random zoa admiring online, I came across some zoos called Purple Hornets.

The first picture is my frag taken under 250 10K halides, so they have browned out a little since I got them. The second picture is the one I got from the website.

So what do you think, are these Purple Hornets?

How much did these beauties cost you? I saw the bidding on ebay for those. It got really crazy and reached more than $200 for just one polyp.

Some people say that there are so-called fake and true Purple Hornets zoanthids. To tell you the truth I don't know how a coral can be fake if coming from the same ocean but what I've seen/heard was the fake ones were bigger or (paly size) with shorter rim tentacles and the true ones were zoanthids and smaller with longer rim tentacles. They both have the same color configurations with the alternating purple and green/yellow rim tentacles. Regardless, I feel that both variations are great looking corals.

nope the skirts are totaly different. i think those are blow pops or nsomething like that

I have the blow pops. Its not the same as this. I know the purple hornets have green skirts. But the face color looks kinda similar as the photo I posted..

zoas

Lionhead - It's definately crazy what some of these zoos are going for. I was on another forum where someone said they saw one go on Ebay for over $300:eek:

I actually bought these as part of a pack with some Purple Deaths, Nuclear Greens and others, so I don't have a price on them individually.

Purple Hornets

David,

Whats funny is that is exactly who I bought these from. Marvin aka Marvinsreef. A really nice guy who has some jaw dropping stuff.

Back