PVC Overflow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JayVIP

Im trying to find the thread for this. Its the overflow where a piece of pvc is placed length wise, horizontally in the tank and cut with slits along the top length of it to create an overflow and then connected to bulkheads to exit the tank and down to the sump. Anyone know where I can find the links as im planning on doing this setup soon. also, anyone hear success/failure stories about it?

I am interested to see that as well it may work for me in my new fake back wall as a built in

Yes i've been using that style overflow for a few months now and have had no problems with it at all. It was neptunes system that made me want to do it, the incredibly small footprint in the tank was the thing i liked the most. I use 1" bulk heads and the overflow will handly i'd say around 500gph. Perhaps more if vented with a durso style pipe otherwise it can make a pretty loud gulping sound.

Here is a pic of the overflow before i filled up the tank, i went with teeth cut all the way across instead of just a slit.

057.jpg

Back