Black PVC pipe

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Lock line idea will work if you are OK with adding another 90deg bend in the return line.
Why cant you come into the tank with 1 1/2'' pvc for your closed loop drain, on the very far end of the tank. One on each end. Then tie them into a 2'' pipe on the garage side?
You could also reduce the CL out flow to 1 1/2'' and place two lines right beside the top center brace? One left , one right. More ports better flow

Lock line idea will work if you are OK with adding another 90deg bend in the return line.
Why cant you come into the tank with 1 1/2'' pvc for your closed loop drain, on the very far end of the tank. One on each end. Then tie them into a 2'' pipe on the garage side?
You could also reduce the CL out flow to 1 1/2'' and place two lines right beside the top center brace? One left , one right. More ports better flow

I like the idea of going to two 1.5" pipes for drains, capped and drilled with our 1/4 holes for strainer. Also have been rethinking the return plumbing for the CL. I had previously been motivated to try and get 2" down to the bottom before manifolding it off to separate loclines. If instead I went from 2" to two separate 3/4" lines in the garage, brought the two 3/4" lines thru the wall and ran them to opposite corners of tank, then down to bottom where each would tee of again forming 4 returns on bottom, I could even put a ocean motions on it in the garage and get some alternating flow going on. I also really would like to know if that cross brace is tempered, would love to drill that cross brace, that would give me much more room to run drains, over the top in that spot.
Do you know anyone that has camera gear that might have a polarizing filter? I need a polarizing filter to determine if glass is tempered. If it isnt, I would drill that piece, I mean it isnt waterbearing glass, it is just a brace, so worst case scenario if i shattered it i could cut it out and silicone in a new piece.

have you ever used a scwd? I have read they are prone to issues and people tend to prefer the ocean motions for alternating flow, isnt that what you have?

have you ever used a scwd? I have read they are prone to issues and people tend to prefer the ocean motions for alternating flow, isnt that what you have?

Yes I got the Ocean Motion for my up an coming 180. Lots of options with the OM

Peppie, you think a mod is gonna close our thread seeing as it has devolved into a instant messenger platform between us lol?

So in partial answer to the OP, in case anyone in the future wants to know, I found this place online (Savko Plastic Pipe & Fittings - Online Sales ) that sells not only black pipe but black fittings, clear pipe, and a bunch of other hard to find stuff. Peppie, check out this strainer, thinking of going with these instead of our DIY drilling holes in pipe.
sucnstrner.jpg

Back