QT and Hosp tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lvsuckerfish

g funk
Who runs them and do you treat for fluke, flat, red bugs in your systems. and also fish to you run copper meds on your qt's for fish seprate systems.

what I did I ran Intersceptor and fluke tabs along with flatworm exit on my coral qt tank I only used t5s on this tank as power is crazy high in las vegas. here I will be running a dedicated system w/ a dedicated sump for my next qt. for corals. worked well I will never place anything right away in my display unless qt's in my control as I do not want the headache of the red bugs and what ever else can get in our closed systems.

for fish I qt also for a min of 3 weeks and monitor everyday. and run lots of carbon and also kordon's ich and fluke tabs. there is others I ran but brain dead at this time. I will get all my meds when my house hold good arrive to my new house. I will also have this as a ded. system I use lace rock for the fish to hide out and also Piping lace rock is cheap and really don't care for it as it will just get tossed when I change something I do not use live rock in the systems.

I did a write up on QT tanks and Hosp tanks a while ago I will dig it out and post it up. for those that do not do it is a good thing to get in the habit of doing.

So what method's do others use to qt corals and fish?

Back