Quarantine for clams

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Slickdonkey

Drink me
Barry, I'm wondering if you can point me to some information on quarantining clams. There is a ton of information on RF and ClamsDirect, but I seem to be having trouble finding anything on this particular subject.

I guess my main question is what kind of lighting do I need? I have a 29 gallon QT with 2x65W 10K PC's but that doesn't seem enough. I may need to rig up one of my spare halides.

Of course I'll buy the clams from you, I know you QT them already :)

I know you QT them already

Even though we quarantine them, you should also do that prior to placing in your display tank.

With your Q-tank being the size that it is, your lighting will be ok for that short of a time but be sure to acclimate them to you MH after placing them in the main tank.

Again, if you tank is not deep then lighting should be fine for the time frame but again, acclimating to your other lights is a must or it will SHOCK you clams.

Remember, they don't always have bright sunny day in the Indo Pacific. :)

so if u purches a clam from a tank with the same lighting dose mean u dont have to acclimate to the lights i acclimated for 2 hours then added to main display its looking good and healthy by all accounts

Yep I'd give them at least 4 weeks only because you know they are already been QT'ed.
Morgan If they are already use to a certain light like your saying & they are the same you should be ok.

Back