queen and french?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Anyone have any experience with a queen angelfish or french angelfish? I thought I didn't have to mention the names in my question since it was in the title.

I have a friend who just got a 220 gallon tank and he wanted to put one of those in. Just needed someone who has had experience with of the angels. Thanks.

Anyone have any experience with a queen angelfish or french angelfish? I thought I didn't have to mention the names in my question since it was in the title.

Its the angelfish part that was missing.

Anyway Queens are very aggressive towards other large angelfish. So I would say no.

This might be a tough one pal. Those guys are coral munchers alot of people here keep a reef.

If you have a specific question one of us may know, or know where to find out.

You may have a chance w/ a large tank in keeping both of these peacefully. I would have a very well thought out stocking plan however.

Yep, my dad has a juv french and an adult queen in his 255g fish only tank. The french is about twice the size of the queen now.

n299000042_261146_2313.jpg

added the french first, queen second. No aggression at all, in fact it is like they work together pulling nori off the clip

I have helped keep a queen in a large tank (500 gallons with 200 gallon sump) for 4 years now and she is doing quite well. ( I work for Point Defiance Aquarium) I would not, however, consider adding another fish of her size and certainly not another angel. She is very territorial and quite pissy. She hardly tolerates the grammas and the beau gregory's with her. I think the larger the tank the better for these beauties.

Back