Question and apology

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My2heartboys

Can female cerith snails lay unfertilized eggs?? My ceriths in our main tank are laying eggs like crazy, but no baby ceriths.

OK, make that two questions and an apology. What do baby cerith snails look like???

Now for the apology. Sorry for not being around, but we have had to move. Moving alone is a huge job, couple that with moving a tank as well---yeah a job and a half. So in between unpacking boxes I am also pruning out some macro (Don't mind it in our main tank, but it was getting that wild growing everywhere look) and chase down a half a dozen other things all at the same time.

Anyway, hope somebody has an answer to my questions and I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Anne

Don't know the answer to your question Anne, but welcome back! I knew I hadn't seen you much here lately. I hope you guys are doing well and are all settled in now. I got new lotto tickets last week and I haven't forgotten :p

Don't know the answer to your question Anne, but welcome back! I knew I hadn't seen you much here lately. I hope you guys are doing well and are all settled in now. I got new lotto tickets last week and I haven't forgotten :p
God bless you Krish. I know you have'nt forgotten about the boys--but like I said, I would settle for some real nice looking barnacles (although, our tank is beginning to become rather crowded----there's always room for one more thing---right?).

Anne

LOL...Yeah, it's getting there and I still haven't seen those darn barnicles. I know what they look like now, but never see them. I'll have to ask Andrew if he's ever noticed any here:)

Anne - you probably won't have any babies make it out of the eggs. While, I have experienced baby trochus snails, and watched them grow in one of my sump compartments, there are too many dangers that get them before they start to grow out. I have plenty of eggs from my nerites, and cerith, too. Some people see the small pyramillidae snails and think they are baby cerith, but they are not. Enjoy the egg trails as they appear! I sometimes watched the fish picking at them.

Welcome back! No need to apologize....we all have things that come up in our lives and the forums take the back burner. We will always be here when you return! :)

Back