Question for my boy blue... The pbt

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Am3gross

I have a powder blue tang in qt.. I have had him in hypo for two weeks... I have had him a total of three weeks. He has never showed signs of ick other then scraping the rocks when I first got him... That was the reason for the hypo treatment... I tout he was in the beginning stages of ick... But since then he has stopped scraping and still no signs of ick. He looks rather amazing honestly... He eats what ever I stick in the tank rather it's flake food, algae on the clip or the special blend in the fridge.. My original qt plan was 4 weeks in hypo, a week to bring the salinity up and then an observation period, around two weeks... Should I continue with my plan or do u think I could bring the salinity up now and do my two weeks observation?

The call is yours, actually, since I haven't/didn't see the fish and I'm not there. If you believe it was infected, proceed with the treatment. If you believe you made an error and the fish wasn't diseased with Marine Ich, then raise the sp. gr.

Whatever you choose keep the fish in the QT for a full 6 weeks after you raise the sp. gr. to normal. Remember to raise it very slowly. :yo:

Bingo! "No need to rush things" is one of the keys to success in this hobby. If the fish is happy, continue with your plan and introduce it to its new home when the regimen is complete.

Mike

Back