Question on lighting fixture..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've actually been watching that ad on Craigslist for a few days. Not sure what the dimensions of your tank are, but this would give you coverage of about 2'X2', depending on how high you hang it. The light would give you penetration down to at least 22" of depth, I think. 175 watts aren't as common as 150 or 250, but I think you'd still be able to find bulbs without much trouble.

As for the quality of the light, it's a Hamilton Ballast, which some say are the best magnetic ballasts you can get. Hamilton has been around for a very long time. Not to mention, it's my last name...lol. I'm not to up on replacement times for MH bulbs, so I can't say if an 8 month old light would need replaced soon or not.

I will sell you a real ballast and reflector for 110 shipped. Coralvue 250 Electronic dimmable and a spider ballast. Just make a box for it. Let me know.

I will sell you a real ballast and reflector for 110 shipped. Coralvue 250 Electronic dimmable and a spider ballast. Just make a box for it. Let me know.

I'm pretty new to this metal halide business... Could you be a little more specific? What would i need to get this thing runnin??

Thanks!

Back