Questionabot TDS meter

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah, i see what you mean...if you wait to change the cartridges, the expensive membranes will be filtering extra junk that would normally be trapped by the cartridges!!! do you have a suggestion for a good TDS meter???...i have been looking at FiltersDirect...that is where i bought my unit

I think most of us use the one posted in this thread. There was a group buy, so we got a good deal. I think they are at every filter place on the web. Sorry not much help.

Don

no you helped..thanks..i will have to look back over the previous posts and see which one it is:)

Reefbound

Maybe last time I should have been more clear about how meters work.

Well the company I bought the unit from says the new probes are on the way and they dont have the calibration solution.

Ok you got it finally.

You can not calibrate a probe, send it out and say, OK it is calibrated, that is shear nonsense. Anyone that trys to tell you this is a idiot. It is the meter that is being calibtated to fit the probe really. The probe recieves singles from the meter. Think of the probe as being dead :) When you turn screws on the meter it has no effect what so ever on doing anything, in actually changing the probe. The meter just changes the single going to the probe and the single coming back to the meter from the probe, which now has a different single before it was calibrated. The meter controls the probe and what it is doing and what reading you are going to get, unless the probe goes bad. When the probe goes bad the single coming and going is altered and gives a bad reading.

Reefbound

Maybe last time I should have been more clear about how meters work.

Well the company I bought the unit from says the new probes are on the way and they dont have the calibration solution.

Ok you got it finally.

You can not calibrate a probe,

Boomer, I know how the meter works,I know its not the probes that are calibrated its the meter thats calibrated to the probes. The Maker of the unit was trying to tell me that when I get the new probes the meter will NOT have to be calibated and I said then how do I trust the readings??? Theey said their sending the solution... I hope. :doubt:

OK :D You did good they and they are clueless. On another note, not two probes are the same/a like. A big reason to calibrate a new probe.

Back