Quietest

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blcktitanium

Could anyone tell me which is the quietest pump a Amp Master or Sequence pump or are they both about the same?

I have an ampmaster 3000 and it is way quieter than my little pcx 30 pump. I would give the ampmaster a 5* on noise level...

Matt

thanks for the help. I'm planning on having this place in my family room and I need it to be extremely quiet as possible. I'm planning on placing two of them in my system on my my closed loop. I plan on have a total flow with return from sump of at least 10,000gph.

Welcome to RF blcktitanium! :)

Either one would make a good pump but if your shooting for 10k gph with two pumps then they will make some noise for that size pumps! Like I said both are top notch pumps!

Thanks to both of you for your help. I guess I best get ready for some noise just hope it's not too much. My other half will be real upset if the tank drowns out her tv or her conversations.... Well you know my answer to that one right......

I had a sq4200 series (sequence) on my CL, 4200gph, If you went with two of these you won't hear them virtually, also very little heat introduced into the water. That would be 8,400gph at an incredible low power consumption, you would have to consider a 2" inlet over the 1 1/2" on the other pumps to get the maximum gph, that is how they can get so much flow from such a small pump. These are the original pump before the Dart & have a very good power to gph ratio!

thanks I'm having my tank drill with 2" intakes anyways so this will work perfect. Plus my return pump will be at least 1500 so I'll be in the ball park of what I'm wanting.

Back