r/o water system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jmac

i live in a apartment complex and i want to get a r/0 water system , do i have to have a plumber install one or is easy that i can install one?

You can do it yourself easily.
You have numerous choice on installation from as simple as a kitchen or bathroom faucet adapter which can be removed when not in use, a wye or garden hose type splitter on a washing machine coldwater feed line, a simple bolt on self piercing valve under the sink again into the cold water line or a small tee valve which inserts where the valve comes through the wall under the sink and does not leave any permanent damage when it is removed. The last option is popular with renters since it leaves no evidence it was even there.
For the waste line, it can just bestuck into the sink so it goes down the drain, can be plumbed with a small clamp on saddle tee where you drill a 1/4 to 3/8" hole in the P trap under the sink drain or you can use it in a washing machine if you don't make much water(washers don't hold much water so you really have to watch this option. I prefer letting it go down the drain since it all gets recycled anyway.

i live in a apartment complex and i want to get a r/0 water system , do i have to have a plumber install one or is easy that i can install one?

I also live in an apt, and I just bought a RO/DI set-up and all I did was purchase a faucet adapter ($8.00) and hooked it up that way. You can do it yourself in 20 mins. Dont waste the money having a plumber do it.

Back