R.o

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mark peacock

marine67
Hi guys just started to use r.o. water got a ro.unit cheap and have started to use it so do you think i will start to see a difference in my tank ie corals.:badgrin:

it might take some time, but you will (qranted the RO water is purer then the water your where useing)

did you have any real problems before?

ro water is cleaner than tab you might not notice a big difference. unless of course you had a bad algae/bacteria problem before.

Not really just seem to take ages for corals to grow sometimes unless i am not noticeing it because i aways there at my tank as for bacteria i have a 8 watt uv which stops most of them. just woundered if i would see a difference because everyone goe's on about r o i am hopeing for some signs of better growth in my corals seems i am making the water a lot better for them.:)

Your tank will definately bennifit with cleaner/purer water.

As for noticing growth... I have a very hard time with that also... probably because we look at our tank every day.

Take a picture about weekly... even if it isn't the best quality picture. It will only be for you most of the time anyways. Try and use the exact same settings, and take the picture from the same place. You can then compair those pictures, and see the changes in your tank.

I compair the pictures from about a month ago... and think to myself "WOW... things really ARE progressing much better than I had thought"!!! :)

Hi Mark, I am on the Covington Water District near Kent WA. Reputed to be some of the best water in the sound area. Tastes better than any bottled water. Very low in TDSs. Very rarely any chlorine in the system. Started running RO to see any difference. Algae levels much lower, corals growing much faster. Phosphates lower now too and so reacter media lasts longer. Pain in the rear, but appears to be worth the effort. In some towns, absolutely vital.

R.o.

Yes it is abit to long in the tooth to do but if the benifit are huge then it is really worth it surely cannot make it worse cheers doods for your info i will let you know in a few weeks how different it is.:D

Back