raising cal?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dayton

Have you checked your test kit elsewhere ? Second don't' waste your time trying to get Ca++ up with 2- parts. Those are for when you are at where you are suppose to be and used as a daily sup. Get something like Kent Turbo Calcium and dose to 420 ppm in one shot then see what happens. If the same thing happens then do 2 large water changes.

What B-Ionic are you using there are 2 on jd's calculator. For 55 gal to get it from 380 to 420 = 137.5 ml; 4.6 fl oz; 27.5 tsp using ESV Bionic Original and the other is 550 ml. That 1 ml / 4 gal looks like it is a mis-print and should be 10 ml. / 4 gal. If you look at Randy's it is 225 ml for one and TLF is 220 ml and Warner marine is 146 ml. I do not know how you got 1100 ml

Dayton

Have you checked your test kit elsewhere ? Second don't' waste your time trying to get Ca++ up with 2- parts. Those are for when you are at where you are suppose to be and used as a daily sup. Get something like Kent Turbo Calcium and dose to 420 ppm in one shot then see what happens. If the same thing happens then do 2 large water changes.

What B-Ionic are you using there are 2 on jd's calculator. For 55 gal to get it from 380 to 420 = 137.5 ml; 4.6 fl oz; 27.5 tsp using ESV Bionic Original and the other is 550 ml. That 1 ml / 4 gal looks like it is a mis-print and should be 10 ml. / 4 gal. If you look at Randy's it is 225 ml for one and TLF is 220 ml and Warner marine is 146 ml. I do not know how you got 1100 ml
iam using esv b-ionic cal buffer system component #1 alkalinity,the sec bottle is the same as before, but states its component #2 calcium....

Last edited:
iam using esv b-ionic cal buffer system component #1 alkalinity,the sec bottle is the same as before, but states its component #2 calcium....

So, you are using bottle # 1 to raise the Calcium ? Bottle #1 is for buffer/ alkalinity only. If you are using bottle # 1 it gives almost no calcium addition. So, when you use bottle #1 you are raising the alk so high it is taken the calcium out of the water and why you are not getting it to go above 380. If you are raising the Calcium only use only bottle # 2. What is your alkalinity ?

So, you are using bottle # 1 to raise the Calcium ? Bottle #1 is for buffer/ alkalinity only. If you are using bottle # 1 it gives almost no calcium addition. So, when you use bottle #1 you are raising the alk so high it is taken the calcium out of the water and why you are not getting it to go above 380. If you are raising the Calcium only use only bottle # 2. What is your alkalinity ?
see i was told that i was i was low on cal at the beginning, and that the bottles the store gave me came as a kit, and that i had to use both to get the cal up, i didnt know ant better....so i need to ck the alk, and use bottle #2 only if alk is ok.

You need to do a large water change. Then check the Calcium and Alk. I will not be around for the next 4 days, on the road home. So, get ahold of "returnofsid" here.

Back