RBTA and False Percula's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

YamahaF934

I got a RBTA from Angie a weeks or so ago (thanks) and my clowns will not touch it. I have a pair of false Percula's.

I am assuming they will not host it, so any suggestions on what kind will host them.

It'll take time be patient make sure that your anemone is healthy and in time the clown will host when it is ready. Once host they will not go far from their comfy squishy host :)

One thing you can try is find a picture online of a clown hosting in a RBTA and tape it to the side of the tank next the the nem. I know a few people that have gotten clowns hosting that way. It may take some time though for them to figure it out.

They might never host an anemone either. I have 2 false percs in my tank and they decided to host a finger leather. They had their choice of bubble corals, hammer, carpet anemone, RBTA, and more. But my other tank is a different story. I put in a pair of clown skunks and they were in the anemone within 10 seconds of being in the tank. I have also heard people placing the clowns with the anemone in a small container so that they will brush up against it and get used to it, then like it.

My percs took about 3 months before they jumped into my RBTA. Now my female is in it most of the day...unless I am doing something in the tank...then she is trying to shred my hand for being too close to her nem.

My percs took about 3 months before they jumped into my RBTA. Now my female is in it most of the day...unless I am doing something in the tank...then she is trying to shred my hand for being too close to her nem.

yes one of the rather unfortunate side effects of the clown/nem pairing, they always think ANYWHERE in the tank is too close...

Back