RBTA Movements

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mjslaugh

Okay so if you look at my other post from yesterday you can see the pics of my RBTA being very happy with the spot he chose for the last few days, the only thing that has me stumped is last night when I turned the lights off he started moving and he moved down inside the rocks, I didn't think anything of it, I figured he just wanted a new spot and so he was going out to find one, but this morning he is still just inside the rocks shaded from the light, so I am not quite sure what to think of it, any ideas??

Mine moves down into the rockwork every night but comes out after lights are turned back on. It's pretty typical of them to hide at night. I guess I shouldn't say mine moves, it's attached itself in a way that it's foot is way down in the rocks. It stretches out during the day and retracts itself at night.

It'll come out way before low light would negatively effect it. It's just still trying to find it's "happy spot." Is the spot it was in getting too much flow maybe? Maybe it wasn't liking it's spot.

It wasn't getting all that much flow in the spot where it was, it is directly under the power heads so it gets a little flow, about the same as the spot it is in now except now it is under a rock that is shading it. I know I am probably just freaking out over nothing, but hey isn't that what newbs are for.

LOL That's right. I still freak out a lot!! I have had a time when my RBTA did what yours is doing. After awhile, I rotated the rock a little each day until it was up on top again. It stayed. If you do resort to this, I wouldn't rotate the entire way the first day. Otherwise, it'll probably just move again.

My RBTA split, the second one hid away for a couple of weeks, but the clown fish just kept feeding it, now it extends back out in the light during the day. Mine likes a secure foot in a crevice, mid depth, he spreads out above waiting for food, then hides back in the whole at night and when fed.

My RBTA split, the second one hid away for a couple of weeks, but the clown fish just kept feeding it, now it extends back out in the light during the day. Mine likes a secure foot in a crevice, mid depth, he spreads out above waiting for food, then hides back in the whole at night and when fed.

Okay cool, I hope mine does that well down the road, but in this case he has only been in the tank I really don't think he is trying to split.

Back