rbta, no bubble tips

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cobyb

i got a bubble tip a couple months ago and have noticed that he look more like the long tentacle anemone that i have. does that mean that he is not doing well, i feed him and he eats once every 5 to 7 days, water #'s check good. just no bubble tips.
thanks for any help.

Hi cobyb, I had the same problem and it botherd me for a few months. I fed them all the time, and they seemed to be healthy too. It wan't untill I upgraded my lighting from 4 T12's to 6 T5's that I noticed they would buble up for at least a 1/3 of the day. I don't know if this is the reason they do this or not I've only been doing this for 6 months, but Istrive everyday to learn how the ocean works. Good luck, any experts here know about this, I would like to tag along to the post too.

I have one like that too. It was like that when I got it. Long tentacles. I also have a gbta that had buble tips when I got it and it still has buble tips. I'm tagging along on this post. Curious too.

Well shoot, doesn't sound like light is the problem then. Hum? I have no idea.

not all rbta's or gbta's will have bubble tips. i had a gbta that had long sweepers and and had a rbta that was bubbled. got the other half of the rbta from the same person who fragged the last rbta for me. and it had long sweepers no bubbles.

how old are your tanks

mine started as a 55 gal a friend didnt take care of. so i took it over and its a 120 gal now, that was 4 months ago. and he has it for a couple of years prior to me.

My RBTA would bubble when I first got it but then would string out. Then when I put it under metal halides in my new tank it bubbled for a couple weeks but for the last 8 months one or two tentacles might bubble at night but barely. I've been told there is no definitive rhyme or reason.

I have 750w over my 150g using lumenarc reflectors and lumatek ballasts. Here's a pic I snapped a couple days ago

35201_514514369911_299000042_542758_3539336_n.jpg

well this gets more wierd everyday. thank you for your expierence, and that is a great looking tank
thank you

I've read on other threads here that sometimes they bubble, sometimes they don't. They could bubble for a long time, then no more bubbles. From what I read, it doesn't seem to be an issue. People said not to worry about it.

Anyway, just reciting back info from another thread, for whatever its worth.

Back