Reading before posting???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Do you respond to a original posters topic without first reading the following posts?

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

BCT182

Someone had asked about breeding clownfish and another member responded with a very helpful detailed answer. About three posts later I gave the same answer but mine just made me sound lazy. I then realized I sometimes read the first post that starts the thread and then I scroll past all the other responses without reading first, and I post my own response. :eek::lol::eek:

So I'll admit it!:lol: I need to work on it!:oops: Does anyone else do this?:lol:
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\

Last edited:
I usually read all the posts, so that was my vote, but sometimes there are just too many so I'll skip to the last page and comment. It depends on what the post is about though.

Ya brandys right it really depends on what it is. I am really careful with for sale threads beacuse i dont like looking stupid asking for something that has been sold 2 post up.

Yeah I felt stupid when I did it too. I feel even stupider having started this thread.

Wow..I guess John and I are in the minority...We just discussed it and we both do this......Sometimes the threads just get to Long to read through...And sometimes the answer to a question seems so clear its just easy to post My oppinion..Shane

looks like im a jerk.

No, you're taking the time to offer your input, and that's awesome :) You're just not finding it worth your while to read everything. Of course you will occasionally be making the same answer as someone else, and sometimes looking a little foolish if you missed a further development, but it sounds like you know that - and if it's okay with you, then it's a personal style choice.

The only time I object to the posting-without-reading-the-whole-encyclopedia behavior is when someone poses a question that has already been answered earlier in the thread. That annoys me a bit, but I just ignore them.

I personally read everything mostly because I hate formulating replies, and I look foolish far too often for my ego without adding any extra opportunities ;) I'm also newish to the saltwater hobby, so I feel I am learning from other people's responses. I'm sure in a couple years I'll be quite tired of reading the same things. In fact, I know I will, because I'm already unwilling to reply to queries or read threads I know are answerable in the stickies or with a quick and easy search. Hmm....perhaps my need is to work on patience? :lol:

I have a tendency to read the original post and then posting my opinion/experinces.
Many times I do find myself at odds with a majority, but that's OK.
There's more than one way to skin a cat ( or do a water change).

Back