reason 4 my Rainford Goby's death?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jonathan G.

i added a goby about 3 weeks ago everything was going good and just the other day he just keeled over and died. he was fine one day then he started swimming real close to the substrate then he hid in a rock for a few days then when i picked up the rock to look for him he floated out and was barely alive but died the next day.

They are sand sifters, Did you ever see him eat? I know from moving, from the ocean to collectors, to holding, to shipping, to import, to wholesale, to retail, and then to my tanks, a lot of fish havent had hardly anything to eat. Its really hard on a smaller fish in my opinion. Thats a possible cause, but I really dont know enough about your tank or that fish in your tank to tell you for sure. Sorry Steve

he was in my lfs tank for a while before i bought him, about 3 months... i've been watching the fish since i set up my tank in feb and the tank it was in was barebottom. i have no reason why he would die but he was doing great for about 2 weeks, all my params are in check, and he was eating prepared foods and sifting through the sand bed

Back