Rebirth of an old 300 gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I love seeing your builds. Its awesome how you get an idea and just go for it.
My husband has been planning/ desinging/ thinking about/ "mocking up" the 8 ft plumbing to go from our DT to the garage sump for two weeks. I appreciate his precision but wish he had a bit more of your "lets get this done" kinda attitude.... ; ).
I'm loving the rock wall action. And I too went a little overboard on the auctions. Another reason why i'd like the new tank ready.

well, if nothing else... I should have my extra waste problem taken care of... I'm about 6' for size reference.

5 ehiem 1262's... should make some bubbles...

006.jpg

Has a puffer friend as well in there, but not sure if he's gonna survive shipping or not. Angel was eating 10 mins out of the bag

I just had a crash course, so far she is doing OK....I still havent seen her eat, which has me bothered. but since I dipped. seems a little more active maybe.

Thats ONE SERIOUS SKIMMER my man, you ought to look into selling the skimate from that Bad Boy to a local farmer as is probably better than liquified cow poop. Plus you could utilize those extra 55g drums you have. Seriously, how much will that thing produce ! I can't wait to that monster up & running.

Todd

No idea, its actually not a whole lot larger than the one I have now. I have the euro reef 750A with 4 ehime 1262's now. Been a great skimmer for me but a little undersized for my system. Couldn't resist when the 1000A w/ 5 pumps came up at a heck of a deal. Between the two of them, they might just keep up with my compulsive overfeeding.

My 750 can fill a 5 gallon bucket in a couple of weeks. I imagine this one can do better.

I've always been pretty lucky w/ things like flukes, Though I've only had one of the Dwarf Angels. I suspect its part of how and where they are collected as they are a very popular fish.

Last edited:
Back to fun filled fish stuff...

Puffer is actually eating and looking good finally as is the Koran Angel. Eel is still Camera shy...

010.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

And thanks to some Ebay bidding My frag/grow out tank is looking like one. Finally chased down the problem with the RKE. Pinched a wire leading to the pc4's on the other side of the room so now it even has light. Still need to get everything else on them. And figure out how to get the radio out from behind the tank

021-1.jpg

Cute little fungi I do wish I could figure out pics under actinic lighting, the purple on that guy is nuts..
015.jpg

Nice colorful softies..

020.jpg

019.jpg

Favia and mushrooms..
018-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

I think I won almost all of them from OIAB last week when he listed them, as I did that fungi. They are still a little grumpy from shipping and the tank has a little more flow than they like.

I'm not at the moment, just intertaining myself. I have 40 sq ft of reef to stock first. Figured it would be a nice place to put things after dipping an acclimating them so I can play with lighting and the like and get them used to the tank until I figure out where I want them rather than moving them 14 times until I'm happy.

Started puttering around with an algea tray tonight for the tank. I figure I have a coastal overflow thats sunlit, might as well put it to work growing stuff where I dont have to scrape it.

Last edited:
Back