Rebirth of an old 300 gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

how about some better teasers... I really need to clean the tank today..

sailfins getting along. Next time you think about that cute little sailfin, keep in mind what it grows in to... and the CBB in the lower left is eating... hopefully it can do some damage on my spaghetti worm plague

018-4.jpg

Hippos are just as friendly...

027-1.jpg

some new corals....
028.jpg

My fungi died a couple days ago almost overnight. not sure why..

030-2.jpg

PITA fish to catch...
021.jpg

the only real aggression (not surprising) is that the RBTA settled on a spot about 6" from the fire clowns nem... Maroon pair VS fire clown... its still a draw.

026-2.jpg

don't ask me why I put Damsels in my tank...
027-1.jpg

Mangroves coming along...
024-3.jpg

and roots..
025-1.jpg

Last edited:
and a top down peek in to the frag tank... gonna be fragging and cleaning all day to get everything in the tank...

023-3.jpg

Thanks!

it is built to be free standing. I'm still not completly happy with it, the whole thing may yet be redone... just a little spray foam to keep it in place

found it at home depot, Its filling cracks rather than polishing them out. It works ok on tanks, for the 5 mins it takes, but deep scratches will still be noticable. Though reduced

Have not tried it inside a tank yet. It was only like $5

I'll see if we have it at my home depot, all other acrylic scratch removers I've seen are expensive. Let me know if you try it on the inside :eek:)

Thanks!

Just going by the smell, I don't think I would try it inside a tank you would use. This is filling cracks rather than polishing them out by removing material.

Sailfin

How big is the biggest sailfin that is in that video?
Judging by the size of the tank it must be huge !!

Ive seen That Sailfin, he's a big one LOL and He knows I LOVE that fish. LOL. Sailfins have some incredibly animated fins so fun to watch...I cannot wait till the day I can have one as well as a couple other Tangs. :)

Depends on how much of his daily nori sheet he's eaten... well over 1"

If you are ever up this way, you are welcome to bring a tape measure.

easier size reference those powerheads are the mag 8s that everyone complains are too big, and the younger sailfin is 3-4"

018-4.jpg

Suppose I should post some pics at least.... keep this thread going...

the hardest part of my tank... taking a pic WITHOUT getting the Sailfin in it... LOL

033-2.jpg

the veiw walking int o the fish room...

015.jpg

call the tang police... 8 tangs in one tank

016-2.jpg

017-6.jpg

018-6.jpg

Zoa farm coming along..

031-3.jpg

mobile frag plug, and my pet astpasia...
030-5.jpg

not sure what it is, but it seems happy..

029-2.jpg

025-4.jpg

not sure why the Fungi died. Did great for a month, then recessed and died in like 3 days.

032-2.jpg

mangroves coming along...
034-2.jpg

broke this getting it out of the other tank...

028-5.jpg

Xinia coming along...LOL (does it do anything else?)

026-4.jpg

Xmas tree wrasse..
019-4.jpg

Puffer..
020-2.jpg

Camera shy Angel...
022-3.jpg

the seeds of my soon to be Angel/Eel reef tank (Corals that grow faster than I suspect they can eat... )
023-5.jpg

And Maroon clowns thay aint so tough...LOL

The Female..

003-2.jpg

her Man..
004-10.jpg

and the Fire clown that beat the living hell out of the mated pair and chased them out of BOTH nems in the tank (including the one they came with)... He's smaller than the male Maroon clown
007-7.jpg

Last edited:
Back