Rebirth of an old 300 gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If I get motivated, the couch might actually be back in the fish room this week.. if you need a break and want to put your knee up with a cold beer... come on over...LOL

Wes came through.... I've gotten alot of various stuff online in the last few years. If nothing else, hands down the best packing. THose boxes have to weigh 50 pounds apiece.

And look whats getting dripped on in my fish room at the moment...

Daddy
005-9.jpg

Mommy

004-11.jpg

025-5.jpg

not the biggest fish in the tank...

021-4.jpg

little more shy...

016-3.jpg

not shy...

034-3.jpg

My GF says they found each other and were swimming around checking out the tank as a pair. Still haven't found them since I got home, but then I haven't figured out where the 12" sailfin hides either..

Also got down to Oceans in a box today... 10 hours of driving in one day is no fun...

His deals in person are as great as his online auctions... I'm almost glad I didn't have alot of cash on me or I would be up till tommorow acclimating... Already been up almost 40 hours.

wish I was tired.

Have to wait till tommorow to see em though..

the crosshatches are from WPH (wet pets hawaii) he's a sponsor on this forum

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56271

Ocean in a box is also a sponsor on this sight, but he does corals only as far as I know. I can't stand my LFS so I support people who support the forums I wander around. OIAB has a storefront as well as online sales. Get some great deals from his Ebay auctions. At least I would if I would stop sleeping through the endings..

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56045

And it took me most of 3 hours to find em, but I did (the crosshatches). Sleeping within a couple inches of each other.... would have been easier to go to bed and wait till the lights came on, but that wouldn't be any fun...

WOW !!! Kevin what a beautiful pair of Triggers. I would love to come up and check out your Ocean in House sometime even though your halfway to Kelowna. I'm slowly going to go big again on systems (1600g + w/ aboout 1100 in salt a few years back) so it would help keep me in check. My wife has given permission for one large system as long as there is only one DT in the house. So 300-400 gallons in the house and and maybe the same in sumps & fuge under the house in a mechanical room (which I have to build first).

Todd

Hello there, beautiful tanks. Just wanted to throw it out there, i manage a business that supplies windows and doors and trim materials etc. I can get some awesome pricing on whatever thickness of tempered (safety) glass you want in whatever thickness. They can precut to whatever dimensions. been meaning to build a monster tank myself but i live in an appt so ive got to stick to the nano and my 100g and 55 g for now

I'm only 60 miles north of Everret. I usually around. Could use a hand cleaning up my mess of the last couple of days.

Any time, bring your organizing boots.

Might wanna give them a couple days. Still pretty shy.

How about a mess of update pics. I'm to sore for much else today..

I tore the diveder out, and as soon as I scrounge the cash for more rock from Marc, I'm gonna redo this whole mess. Planning on a full softy reef for Eels and angels. My goal is to get it stocked enough with all the fast growing softies that when the Angel grows up, he can't eat them as fast as they grow.

021-5.jpg

mangroves coming along..

023-6.jpg

still not alot of rooting

025-6.jpg

just gave away about 10 gallons of marcos..

022-5.jpg

puffer approves. Been having fun with the snails in that side of the tank

032-3.jpg

the feather duster army..
026-6.jpg

cleaner pair...

blood shrimp pair have a place I can't get a pic..

037-3.jpg

poor little guy has popeye. not even gonna try and catch him
030-6.jpg

and apperently the SPS I thought was dead changed its mind..

029-3.jpg

Haven't seen this little guy in ages...
039-2.jpg

looking like a reef tank

033-4.jpg

034-4.jpg

open brains are happy.... I really want to find another huge maze brain...

035-3.jpg

New pink and orange Zoa Colonys from OIAB (still a little grumpy from the move)

041-3.jpg

in this tank... not so tough

043-3.jpg

have to see what all os on this... looks to be a dozen dif. colonys. Also from OIB

012-4.jpg

think he ate a bit... both X-hatches are hiding in there... some of the shrimp/crab disapeared off the stick

015-3.jpg

the cool football thing WPH sends big fish in...

016-4.jpg

Last edited:
Back