Rebirth of an old 300 gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hah... they do come out... feeding stick is 1/2 way across the tank and empty.

Thawing more shrimp now.

044-1.jpg

I have got to zip tie those wires one of these days... only been annoying me for a year

congrats on the x hatches

of all the fish out there i think triggers are the most "pet like". I am sure you have some clever names picked out for them

Open invite TJL...

and your location says Everett, you could be here in a little over an hour..

LOL... while you spamming anyway pew pew... give me a quote. I fell in to the window cleaning the skimmer a couple days ago

045.jpg

Whoah there. Well i didn't mean to spam, or come off as trying to sell anything. More interested in offering to help get otherwise expensive materials to people cheap. There are also some 9ft bow front acrylic pieces that we have from some project that would make an awesome tank front.

Khaos i can't tell is that an old window or a door lite? Either way, i could definitely help. Especially if the overall thickness ( the 2 pieces of glass + the spacer) is either 3/4" or 1 ". I can get awesome prices on replacement units for a brand of window i stock ( thats why it has to be one of their stock thicknesses).

Pm me the overall width height and thickness.

LOL... sorry, your first post, and I assumed incorrectly.

Large acrylic pieces might have me interested actually. I hate glass for the above reason.

Its supposed to be some heavy duty dual pained tempered and tinted piece. But not as heady duty as my head. Its a window, and intsalled in a tossed together wall.

Khaos, no worries on the misunderstanding. Re-reading my post and it being my first post one would easily assume the same. Unfortunately i would be posting a hell of alot more but the for sale forum is off limits to me for the better part of a month yet. Its terrible because i want to get some of these cheap corals people have!

First things first. That window you have ( it is a window and not a pane to a door i HOPE) is sure as hell not any sort of safety glass. "Safety" glass comes in two common varieties, Tempered and Laminated.

Tempered glass is put through a fire "tempering" process. This is the same glass as the side window of your car. As most of us know it is pretty strong and doesn't crack. But when it does crack it breaks into a million candy sized pieces. One thing to know about tempered glass is the edge of it is extremely fragile. I have broken it before with just the pressure from my grip on its edge.

Laminated glass is like your car windshield. It is two pieces of glass laminated together by a plastic piece in the center. It is strong in the sense that when it cracks or breaks it does not break completely ( as we all know when a rock from a semi hits our windshield).

So, if that window is actually supposed to be safety glass they screwed you over. Either way, get me a measurement and i will hook you up.

As for the acrylic bow front pieces i believe they are like 9 ft long. I want to get down to my other location and photograph them. Id love for them to turn in to an awesome tank.

Also at my other store are some very cool pyrex tubes about 8' long and between 2-4" diameter.

And some fossilized red sea corals

Thanks Kevin, will make the effort to get up your way. Plus its getting closer to salmon/steelhead season and have not fished the Nooksack in many years. A warm tropical fish room is very appealing after a frosty morning on the river. I'll shoot ya a PM for when I get the chance to head on up.

Todd

Thanks Kevin, will make the effort to get up your way. Plus its getting closer to salmon/steelhead season and have not fished the Nooksack in many years. A warm tropical fish room is very appealing after a frosty morning on the river. I'll shoot ya a PM for when I get the chance to head on up.

Todd

The nooksak is 1/4 mile from my house. Drive on beach access if you have a 4x4

So, if that window is actually supposed to be safety glass they screwed you over. Either way, get me a measurement and i will hook you up.

As for the acrylic bow front pieces i believe they are like 9 ft long. I want to get down to my other location and photograph them. Id love for them to turn in to an awesome tank.

Also at my other store are some very cool pyrex tubes about 8' long and between 2-4" diameter.

And some fossilized red sea corals

I got the windows free and I framed it myself so no one got to screw me... I just have a very hard head...LOL... I still need to get some dimentions for it.

I'm always up for a beer...

Can see how everything is growing in. Even that one SPS seems to have come back nicely.

The guy is back from his vacation so at some point this week hopefully we can get everything else out of there and get Dave in to a big tank...

Back