Recirculating or MSX Skimmer?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tangtang clown

I have been looking at ever skimmer possible and I have narrowed down to two different types.
Does anyone have an opinion on which of these would be better?

A pacific coast recirc or a MSX?

Which MSX and which pacific coast recirc? I recently got the MSX 200 and have mixed feelings about it. It has been pulling out a ton of gunk from my tank, but the mesh wheel and pump are finicky. I would take less finicky ness over performance, but after some work it runs great. I think the build quality on the 2 are pretty comparable.
-chris

They are out of stock. I called and talked to the guy at marine solutions and he said it will be a while before they get any more in.
I went with the octopus recirc needle 200. It was on sale for the same price as the 150.
I figured I will try this one and if I don't like it I would sell it and then by then they will have more MSX's.
Any suggestions or mods you would recommend? I should have it tue or wed.

I went with the octopus recirc needle 200. It was on sale for the same price as the 150.
I figured I will try this one and if I don't like it I would sell it and then by then they will have more MSX's.
Any suggestions or mods you would recommend? I should have it tue or wed.

Hey Mark, is the MSX 160 or the H&S 90-F1000 better? Would they be good enough for 80-90 gallon total water and heavy fish stocking?

I just got my Octo recirc 200 yesterday and my girlfriend barely could get the box in the front door. IT IS HUGE!
I had no idea it was this big. The next step is to build a cabinet next to my tank to hide it and the sump. The bubbles and foam it produced on a test run was AMAZING!!!!!

Back