red bubble algae

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hank187

hank the tank
I have a red bubble algae that I'd like to get rid of, if anybody has any information or has dealt with it before please let me know how to treat it thank you.

Never seen that one before!! Will tag along on this one to see what is recommended. Good luck hulk! :D

i got some of that from louisse25 .....yea that stuff sux

it's past the point of taking out the rock came in on it's in the sand bed it's on the back wall and all over the rock. Thank you asnton for the link.

what happens if you pop them in the tank? I know by the way you say it that it would be bad, but what is in them?

i got some of that from louisse25 .....yea that stuff sux

Do you really need to call people out like this? Everyone I'm sure has some sort of pest in their tank and when we get them from other people it's more our bad for not checking closer before adding something to our tanks. Let's be civil here please.

its all starting to come together, because it was I had one or two i took them off the rock smashing or popping them then a week later they were all over.

Do you really need to call people out like this? Everyone I'm sure has some sort of pest in their tank and when we get them from other people it's more our bad for not checking closer before adding something to our tanks. Let's be civil here please.

thanks eric and becca...people like them should be avoided....theres no such thing as a perfect tank....:cool:

I agree with you guys...No need to call out people in public like that. :doubt: If you have a problem with something you bought from someone either deal with it in private or just don't buy from that person anymore. We've had major problems here in the past with big flame wars resulting from comments like that where someone complained about a pest they got from another member. I say let's keep the negative chit chat off of the forum and stick to the topic. We all buy at our own risk so it is nobodys fault but your own if you buy something and don't quarantine first and end up with a pest or nuicance algae.

So..Let's get back to the topic!! :)

Last edited:
for green bubble algae and caulerpa I've had success with draining a couple gallons of tank water into each of two 5 gallon buckets, then take the rocks with the algae and scrub them off with a vegetable scrubber in one bucket, rinse off in the second bucket to remove as many of the spores as possible and then return to the tank and top off with new water. keep repeating this every couple days/week and it should stop coming back as long as you have some chaeto to outcompete the bubble algae.

Back