Red Bugs questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mschrissygil

I need to treat for red bugs, so I have a call into the vet for a prescription for Interceptor and I'm reading up on how to do the dips.
I have 4 tanks set up...A 72 gallon(with the acros and red bugs), a 54 gallon(just LPS, softies, and a monticap), a 20 gallon (curing a piece of live rock) and a 5 gallon(holding zoas after a furan2 dip for pox).
So can I take out all of the acros in the 72 gallon(I only have 6 plus a couple of mille frags), dip them in the interceptor, and then put them in the 54 gallon since I don't have any acros in there, and that will let the 72 be acro free until the bugs die?

Thanks Mike! I'll get some of that, since the vet hasn't called me back yet, and the receptionist thought I was insane when I asked for it for my corals!

Thanks Mike! I'll get some of that, since the vet hasn't called me back yet, and the receptionist thought I was insane when I asked for it for my corals!

I recieved the same reaction when I called... I asked to speak to him directly and I printed out a page from the web that details the treatment and he sold me the interceptor with the words "I'm not responsible for what happens"

Since I am trying to sell some of my acans, could I possibly infect someones tank with the bugs? Would they hitch hike on acans?

Back