red people eater zoa what should i do?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luisse25

:confused:i have 2 polyp of red people eater..one is opening ok but not really open like happy and the other one is not so it also react slow like not closing up when i touch it(even at night its not closed up),the tentacles is not spread out,the stem is like its shrinking and theres a white film or scab on both..whats wrong..ill put pics if i have a chance..thanks

and also need info on where to put them,lighting and flow..thanks

also how long have you had it.
I'm no expert, but i would say, put it between to rocks (if it isn't attached) and increase the flow near it, but don't blast it of course.

its in a frag plug..i just had it not too long 2 weeks..one is opening up nicely..one is barely open,it doesnt close though..how will i know if its dying..?thanks

just an update,they are doing ok now..the one that is not opening up fully is doing great the stalk went small like trying to encrust on the glue and 1 bump is comng out and im positive that its gonna be a polyp soon..:p

thanks busdriver for the info and help..:)i did what you tell me to do,i put it in a high flow..

it seems like zoas in general like medium almost high flow. they do ok with some flow, but if any type of coral (or rock for that matter) as something that looks like slim they you should increase the flow. maybe not blast it but strong flow in the tank helps pretty much everything (i.e. mushrooms, but they still grow)
I was hoping someone else might chime in too, but they'll do ok under low light, but they like at least medium light. They are zoa are pretty easy though...

Back