Red Sea

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

crizzleb

Has anyone on the forums ever heard anything good or perhaps even own one of their own 34g nano like tank? I am looking into purchasing one of these. Want to know if anyone has used one or has had any problems with them?

Thanks
Chris

We had one here for display , its now in a home. Its a great set-up:D.
Rob
Has anyone on the forums ever heard anything good or perhaps even own one of their own 34g nano like tank? I am looking into purchasing one of these. Want to know if anyone has used one or has had any problems with them?

Thanks
Chris

What kind of upgrades? curious.
I here about air bubbles coming from the return pumps, and I know the top collects moisture and when you open it the water rolls down the back encouraging salt creep, and we had our stand puff up because of that.

Anything that might help it run better?
thanks

I removed the media under the pumps, to much of a pain to get to.
I removed the skimmer & put a Remora hang on.
removed the hood & installed an Outer Orbit T5/HQI over the top light.
Added a top off unit.
Added more internal flow
Things a hardcore reefer would want more of. The tank overall is the best of it's type IMO, all glass interior & thicker than almost all of the others means better quality IMO.
If I had options or a wish list, as mentioned, media under the returns was too difficult for a reef tank to keep clean & access. The T5's should of been normal lamps, individual reflectors & instead of 4 a choice to add two more. That alone would be a huge improvement IMO. Everything else I did was just cake & not necessary.

Look at my thread the last post with Pics!

Yeah I read about the micro bubbles coming out too, and some peoples timers going south on them. Other than that its a pretty good setup I think. I am torn between a bunch of stuff. Got out of the hobby for a while so I dont know if I want to go big again or small. if I went bigger it would be the elos 70. Hmm decisions, decisions

Back