Reef Epoxy?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

Is there any local souce I can buy some reef epoxy from? I have a few frags I want to glue onto my rock work instead of having it lay on my sand bed, but am not sure what to get. Anyone?

I'd try Indoor Reef, Blue Sierra, or Saltwater City if you want the epoxy, but I use super glue gel myself.

I was curious how you guys attach them if you wanted them on a rock at the bottom of your tank under the whole rock pile???

I attach frags to small/medium rocks outside the tank with the super glue.
I don't want to attach a coral to a large rock, then sometime down the line decide I want to remove the coral, then the rock that it is attached to would have to go also.

I like Aquamend putty for attaching frags to smaller rocks, and then smaller rocks to bigger rocks. You can always break them off later.

Aquamend cures underwater, and is used on swimming pools and the like. I got mine at a fish store, but you might even find it at a hardware store.

GL,

I get the superthick superglue gel at hobby lobby. Its a big containor that keeps for a long time if kept in the fridge. I just dry the coral, then put the glue on, count to ten, put in the water, place it where I want it, twist it a little to break the seal on the glue from drying for 10 seconds in the air, and hold it for a count of 10-20

I tried to find the Elmers gel at 4 different stores with no luck. These frags are going onto larger pieces that are on the bottom, so I was figuring epoxy would be easiest since it can't be done outside of the tank. I know Dang had a ton of it, I'll shoot him a PM and see if he can part with a bit. Might have to pick up a few new frags while I'm there :)

Back