Reef Frontiers Workshop announcement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

A belated thanks for the welcome! There's very little left of my original RSM 130. The stock hood was replaced early so that I could put a skimmer in back that actually skimmed (HOB Remora). After a few years of changing things, all I have left of original equipment is the 2 little circ. pumps in the back compartment. I currently run a Coral Vue 6xT5 hood, a LifeReef siphon, small 2 chamber sump in the cabinet with an SWC 120 cone skimmer, my Tunze ATO, Reef Keeper pH sensor, TLF 150 reactor that I'm running NPX pellets in, and of course a return pump (M-J 1100 utility pump). And a Vortech MP20 in the DT. I try to never think about how many $$$ I've sunk into my little tank! :)

Hello Terry! It would be cool if you could do a build thread on your RSM. It is quite remarkable what you did with that thing.

Hey Mojo.... Is it possible to have a little thread about the most specific tools for building aquarium items? Something like a Miter Saw, Router, Table Saw and such that most people probably don't know much about? I bought a Miter Saw not too long ago just for its perfect cutting ability not knowing much about its ability to make 45 degree angle cuts and what not.

Also hows about a demonstration on making your own PVC piping system. More or less show users how to cut and glue the joints together?

Just a thought

Yea we can look into that kind of stuff no problem. On a side bar, any member can do a diy thread no problem, the more we get the better we are.

The workshop concept is basically the same thing but a little involved and more interactive. RIght now we are getting ready to have Don do a tank stand, it looks like its going to be a sweat one as Don just finished pressing on a some beautiful Walnut for the stand. SHould be ready for building soon.

mojo

My first event. I can not wait to meet all the wonderful folks and learn a lot about this great hobby.

Back