Reef Keeper 2 Fuse

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ntswift

mako shark
I recently picked up a RK2 for my tank. I blew the fuse by plugging in too much into it.:noidea: I couldn't get the fuse out and when I finally did it broke the fuse holder assembly. So my question is, can I just get another 15amp assembly or do I have to get the exact one that Digital Aquatics put in there? TIA!

you should be able to put a different holder in there as long as the number match up to the original fuse and you are good with soldering. doesnt matter the shape of the fuse just as long a the numbers match up

I found one at grainger finally. Radio Shack wasn't much help. They helped me get it out but the people working there weren't very electronically savvy. Plus they didnt have the holder I needed, but they did have a really cheap soldering iron and everything I needed to do the job! So I will attempt to solder it together tomorrow.

Got it all soldered together today. It sure is ugly but it works! haha I kinda tore up the case too but at least it works! I got it all hooked up and working as we speak! Well for now anyway...Thanks all for the help!

Back