reefcast.com - have you heard? ;)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Marc

DFWMAS President
Perhaps you've been to my website in the past. Well, I wanted to take it to another level with the podcast technology we have today. So I got some help from another DFWMAS member, and we are going to do 'reefcasts' once a week. Simply, it is a pre-recorded internet radio show about the hobby. We are keeping it fun & entertaining, and hopefully informative as well.

The first episode is available for download. It is an .mp3 file, just like music files you listen to on your computer or mp3 player. We recommend you download it as a file to your computer (Right Click, Save As) rather than streaming it. That way you can rewind or listen to it again later if you missed a portion. The first episode is 37 minutes long (33 meg download).

www.reefcast.com

We plan to do interviews, product reviews, cover topic after topic about the hobby, and more. Perhaps even podcasts from MACNA this year, to give people a small update of what happened that day for those that couldn't attend. Or maybe just let you hear what reefers sound like at the bar each night. LOL If you email us your question, it may get used "on the air".

Our desire with reefcast is to give you a little more information. We already read books and use the net to read all we can. Now you can listen, and more readily tell when something stated was meant humorously or not. That's gotta help, right?

So check out the site an the first podcast, and let us know what you think. Even if you think we should cease and desist immediately. :p

I'll leave you with some eye candy from my tank.

suncoral_polyp.jpg

We've had good feedback regarding the first reefcast. One person from the U.K. wrote to us, and another from New Zealand. That's pretty neat, to reach people around the world so quickly.

If you enjoy it, you can go to itunes to subscribe for future reefcasts, and these will automatically download to your PC when they become available.

Chuck, did you hear it yet? Are you going to MACNA this year?

Hey Marc! I am definately going to check this out! I imagine the negative feedback will be minimal.

How about some hints to upcoming topics???

How to select healthy livestock at the LFS.
A brand new website with a cool feature. (You did say hints. lol)
An interview with a club president.
An interview for an annual event.

These are just segments of the show, as each one will have multiple topics.

And if you have a question you want answered on the show, just email use at [email protected]

It's so much easier just to listen to everything, you guys did a great job. And like you said it can only get better.

It should be out by Sunday. We re-recorded it tonight with our new microphone, and it sounds so much better.

If you like the show, please refer others to the reef-cast as well. We need your help getting the word out. And for the record, our reefcast is free, and we will be putting links to topics or sites in the Show Notes, to provide some visuals for the listener to refer to. It is not a commerical site, even though it looks pretty darn amazing. The web site designer did a fantastic job.

Last edited:
Marc - that was great! Are you going to have a bibliography area with each podcast for folks to see where you got your information from (specific books, websites, or threads)? Not to double check your work, but to learn more about a specific topic? I'm sure a lot of the information you are providing, at least with the early topics are from personal experiences, but as you move towards advanced topics, or if you do controversial topics....it would be nice to be able to get more information if desired, and see exactly where that information can be found.

ROFL - nevermind...I just read your last post about the shownotes :p. See...I was so excited to post, I didn't read your last entry :D

Marc, i had the oportunity to finaly listen to it last night, after downloading it tuesday and i must say that's great. It's such a great resource for the hobby and everybody, even us that have been around the hobby for awhile. I really liked the humor :D . Thank You for taking the time and $$$$ to make this.

Nikki, we may delve into difficult topics in future episodes, and adding our sources would be good. For now, we want to be topical, entertaining, and hopefully keep it flowing so it doesn't become boring to the listeners.

The next edition of reefcast is available now. I think you guys will really like this one.

Plus a picture from my tank.
td_bluetipped_staghorn.jpg

I listened to the first one Mark, it was great. I have been checking back everyday looking forward to the next one! I hope you guys keep up the good work, you will be even more internet famous in no time.

This is the first time I'm seeing this thread. Sounds like a really good idea. Glad to see you have been getting wonderful feedback and I look forward to checking it out. Congrats Marc and nice photo once again:)

I have heard! I am very impressed with the quality of the production, and it is very entertaining. I have been listening to another reef-related podcast, and it is a little dry. You guys seem to be able to inject quite a bit of humor into great information. I look forward to hearing a lot more for you!
Keep up the good work!

SubG

Thank you, guys. We have a whopping two episodes under our belt so far, but already it is easier. Hopefully we can get this down to a science, so that it doesn't eat up so much time getting it ready for download.

Keeping it conversational is key, I think.

I LOVED IT !!!
i listened the whole thing and you guys are not only hilarious but i really liked the way you explained things.
I can't wait to hear next episode !!!

Back