Bosco83

Just got them installed this weekend.

All on
002-10.jpg

Blues only
006-4.jpg

How I mounted them
005-7.jpg

So far I'm really happy with them the only problem is I had to turn my heater up and turn my vent fans on my hood to the lowest setting ;)

Last edited:
Looks great man!! LEDS are taking over the hobby bigtime it seems. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, that does look awesome!!!
And I know luke will take care of you...
I'm sure he gave you the run down on
the acclimation...
the only criticism I have is how the power cords go out the top of the LED modules,
but I suppose you could by power cords that are bent 90* if it bothered you.

Watch for coral bleaching! I've been reading a lot lately, of people switching over to LEDs, without installing them high enough, and experiencing a lot of bleaching. I've even read where people switched from 2X250, at 12" off the water, installing 2 of the same LED systems, at 24" off the water, and still had bleaching issues.

Looks good. I just switched to LEDs myself and love them. I have mine mounted 16" or so off the tank and mine are dimable and have mine at half power right now. Mine are 10x3w Cree blue and 10x3w Cree white. 3 units replacing 3x250w hqi's. Keep us posted on your results.

Yea I don't really like the cords coming straight up either good idea on the 90 degree plugs. These fixture's have 3 watt epistar LED's driven to 2 watts.

This is what I'm doing for light acclimation eggcrate with a few layers of screen material.
Lightacclimation-1.jpg

Lightacclimation2.jpg

Don't make fun of my fan mounting skills either lol! I was in a hurry and then I didn't wan't to drill new holes to make them perfectly centered.

Looks good Brian. What size tank are they over? It looks bigger than the 90gal you have listed in your signature.

Sorry it took me like an hour to figure out how to change my signature line. It's a 210g I just got set up in March.

I just started using evolution leds on my illuminata. SO far the coral looks great! I've heard people say that there acans don't look as good. I have had nothing but great results.

Back