ReefKeeper Elite

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

To be honest I went through the new feature list and didnt see anything to get excited about beyond the reefkeeper II. Very cool controller, but ultimately twice the price for features I wont use, and I dont exactly run small/simple systems ;)

I do however appreciate the great feature set and cost efficiency of the RKII.

I think that if you were to purchase the ReefKeeper II right now for $269.99 on Marine Depot, you would also have to get a PH probe for $44.95 for the one they recommend that puts you at over $300 just for those 2 things.

To save alittle extra for a complete package at $490 that comes with

2 x RKM-PC4
IntellaStrip Technology
Manual Override Mode
Breaker/Switch
LED Status Indicators
Mounting/Installation
Upgradeability

1 x RKM-SL1
Multiple Inputs
1 x pH
1 x ORP
1 x Temperature port
2 x Micro Switch Ports
No compromise Design
Upgradeability

1 x Temp Probe for RKE
ReefKeeper Elite Compatible

1 x pH Probe Kit
Complete Kit
Extended Lifespan

1 x Communication/Programming Dongle
1 x USB Interface
1 x Bus Port

& all these features

Ethernet Capable
Wireless Communication
Upgradeability
NEW - Advanced 11 button CapSense interface
NEW - 128 x 64 Graphical display (w/RGB backlight and 30 background colors)
NEW - More then 250 Programmable Channels
Multiple Mounting Options
NEW - Home Screen (w/easy to read icons and data)
Simple menu system for easy configuration
Night Mode - Independently Programmable
NEW - 64 Alarms
NEW - Data Logging
NEW - Data Graphing
Metal Halide control with "Sure-On"
NEW - Light Timer with Weekday/Weekend schedules and safety temp cut off
Moon Light Controller (optional)
NEW - Multi-timer function
NEW - 64 Dedicated Timers
NEW - 2 Standby/Feed/Service modes
Control Functions
Sumps/Skimmers pump control
Wavemaker A/B and C/D pump control
NEW - Top-off pump control
NEW - Key Lock
Battery Backup
NEW - Audible Feedback
Splash-proof Faceplate
Upgradeable Firmware

I would prefer to buy the ReefKeeper Elite. IMO

I just preordered mine a few days ago. I am using a Reefkeeper 1 that I picked up a couple years ago. I have been waiting to upgrade until this came out. I am looking forward to getting it set up.

Just got notification that my RK Elite shipped today. Hopefully I will have it tomorrow, since they are in Woodinville.

Jamie, I'm interested in your experience with the Reef Keeper Elite.

It has been pretty buggy, but I think they are resolving most of the issues. I still haven't fully moved everything over to it yet. My confidence level is not that great on the unit yet, but the latest patch has fixed all of the problems with what I have been using on it. Of course, the only things I have running on it right now are my lights and a ph probe.

We are going on vacation, so I don't want to change anything right before I leave. I think if things are still looking good when I get back, I will start switching everything over.

I am sure it will eventually be a pretty impressive controller with all of the extra modules they are working on, but it has been pretty rough on some of the initail users. I don't really think the beta testing before the release was very thorough at all. It seems like they just did some basic testing and then pushed it out to users and let them be the beta testers even though it was selling as a production ready unit.

Thank you for your reply. Reading between the lines - what lines there are - I got the impression that current owners were some what happy, but were working with Digital Aquatics to work on bugs. The ReefKeeper Elite seems to be a very promising aquarium computer.

I am currently in the planning stages of my first reef and in no hurry. Being a computer geek by profession I'm very interested in this unit and also Profilux II plus and Aqua Controller 3.

I hope you will continue share your experiences with the Reefkeeper Elite.

Back