Reeflux 10k vs 12k bulbs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I don't think they are too blue. I like the ice white color of them with the hint of blue.
Aquaman,which one am i supposed to look at??? the one with the purple tang in the pic looks really good..the one with the hippo tang looks extremely blue to me.. i have the same ballasts...if the pic with the purple tang is the one, i really like that look!!!! how does the par compare to the XM10k's???

my reeflux 12ks just arrived in the mail today - they are definately blue, but man the colors are crazy! Tank has never looked so nice. Great reds and pinks and yellows and greens.

So far, I like them.

I switched from the 10k xms because I felt the xm's were too yellow. We'll see how well they grow the corals after a few weeks.

The one with the purple tang is actually 10K Reeflux HQI's. The 12K reeflux are the one on the current 90 they aren't as blue as they look in the pics though. Greens look amazing under these bulbs. Also blues and purples!

Matt

i may try a few of them out.....i know this was discussed somewhere else, but how is the par on these bulbs?????

on my reeflux 10k's I have never in all my years of keeping sps ever had such great colors. I thought I had awesome color while using the XM's but this is even more so intense. I have used many a bulb over the years and have seen a wider range of lamp setups. Never have had the intense blues that I have with these 10k's which is a "perk" of using these blubs. People say that colors pop more and I have to agree, they absolutely do. Don't think it's a fluke, I did research like crazy when switching from the XM's. XM has the very highest PAR according to Joe Burgers lamp study. I am running these 250w reeflux on their own Coral Vue e-ballast.

Last edited:
i wonder if the 12K's are not really blue with a Coralvue ballast..everybody has them running with some other brand of ballast...it seems they are different according to which brand ballast is running them..Coralvue most likely tests the bulbs on their own ballasts...does anyone have the 12K on a Coralvue ballast???? i have 3 CV ballasts...Sue, if the 12K's don't get good enough reviews, i will give the Reeflux 10K's a try

Everyone I know that has put a reeflux on their tank has been extremely excited about them and the look and most importantly the look of their corals.

i went from 400 iwasakis to 250watt 10k XM's didnt like the yellow from XM
changed to 10K reeflux (thanks sue t)
i love the growth and color.
im using icecap ballasts.

vic

I am running XM 10K's on PFO magnetic ballasts. I'll agree there is a slight yellow tint to them. I looked at the Reeflux 10K's but they get half the PAR on my ballasts.

At the moment I'm running two 400W 20K bulbs and VHO actinics to balance the two 250W XM 10K's. It is an ongoing challenge to find the right combination.

I have 250w 12k running on Icecap ballasts for about 3 weeks now.
Love the color. Haven't noticed any slow down on growth as yet.
Only time will tell I guess.

Just installed 400w 10k RL. Love the color. White with a hint of blue. Running on PFO hqi ballast. No pink......

I completly agree with Sue on the point that the Blues are out of this world! I switched over to Reeflux in November of 2005. THe colors are better than any Ushios, Hamiltons or XM's that I have used in the past. I run a 400 W Blue Wave II magnetic balast with the 10 K bulbs. The only problem, is IMO I think that the bulbs are really only good for about 6-8 months. This is pure conjecture, but I think that I had a coral die because of a loss of PUR to it. The top downs are mindblowing; Case in point

P1080016.jpg

P1080056.jpg

P1080001.jpg

P1080015.jpg

Back