Reeftopia group buy forming

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Shipment is in. Feel free to come by from now until 8PM. Call me to let me know when to expect you (or PM).

I will bring you some SPS then :>)

I know from experience how much work these group orders are and how a little gesture from each of the group members, can be appreciated.

Mike, you are very kind and a frag is always welcome (though not necessary). I like doing these kind of things as long as people show up as promised and pay. Everyone appears to be ready to do so....by the end of tonight we will see....I am hopeful.

Ok i am on my way down now. I should be there a little after five.

Sorry i work third shift and last night was murder, i had to get some sleep.

Reed,

thanks for organizing this.

I was just thinking,
I know a couple of my shrimp were lost,
and it seemed the order was shorted a few emeralds.

(and you didn't charge me for these)

did you have to eat that cost?
or did reeftopia take care of this?

Russ

BTW,
what's going on with that rustang in your yard?

did you have to eat that cost?
or did reeftopia take care of this?
I didn't want to bother Reeftopia on the 3 crabs that seemed to be missed. The shipping would have cost more than the crabs. I feel the prices they offer and the service far outweighs the need for me to get money or livestock replaced. The shrimp all showed up very much alive so that was on me. Next time I just won't hold anything at my house since I really don't have the facilities. All in all I think I broke even or came out a little ahead. Some people tossed in some extra cash, some rounded up on the cost, others brought frags....it all worked out just fine. I am not at all dissappointed in the order.

No bad mouthing the mustang or I will have to exclude you from any future orders. I am a die-hard mustang/muscle car guy. That one happens to be my wife's car that was a gift from her father. We are rebuilding and converting from a 6 to an 8 cylinder and revamping everything about it. New suspension, engine, trans, rear-end, etc. etc. Just another money pit.

yep...no problem there....they actually threw in some extra, but there were losses due to my trying to house them for 3 days.

my little black cap just died pretty much right in front of me today.
everything in my tank is running fine, and the fish has been a big happy eater. No idea.
Dude rolled over and took a dirt nap in the sand.

i hear since these are deep fishes they can get stressed out in reef systems.

i wonder if i should get another in the next buy. I miss the little guy.

Man, that's a serious bummer Erik. Everything seemed to be going so well with that fish for you. Sorry to hear about the loss.

as I can see it only 2 of my 5 made it :(
Are you saying they died in your tank or that I gave you a bag with dead shrimp in it? just want to make sure you got a fair shake on this Nelson.

The shrimp are notoriously delicate in shipping, but I thought they all looked alive when people picked them up.

Are you saying they died in your tank or that I gave you a bag with dead shrimp in it? just want to make sure you got a fair shake on this Nelson.

The shrimp are notoriously delicate in shipping, but I thought they all looked alive when people picked them up.

You did give me 5. They looked semi alive at least(were moving a little) and when I put the into the tank they immediately went into hiding. Maybe the others are still hiding? Everything is possible

well, if it is any consolation, I put 4 in my tank and have yet to see them again. I know they were alive when I put them in, but I think the flow was too great and they just couldn't settle in. My silly angel sat there and waited for one to jump on and clean him.....I guess he didn't realize these were peppermints and not cleaners.

The best deal on peppermint shrimp is to buy them by large lot or 24 or more.

Reed,
I bet you will see them when your lights are out. They are usually hiding under ledges with little eyes staring at ya.

Back