Refractometer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Hey gang! Time for me to buy something new again and I was curious as to what you guys thought of this refractometer...

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...n=PROD&Product_Code=REFRACT-PA&Category_Code=

I think it is really about time I get one to make sure my salt levels are up to standards seeing I just use a coralife hydrometer. I've heard "bad things" about using hydrometers (eventhough I keep mine like brand new with the cleaning and storage after each use) but with corals going in very soon, I don't want to take any chances:)

THat is EXACTLY what I have.....and guess what??

I bought it from Premium Aquatics a couple years ago.

:)

These are nice since the little dial controlled by a mini flathead screwdriver is adjustable to minute degrees...not like "exact" clicks like some other models.

Am I able to order something from your tab? LOL j/k j/k

Best,
Ilham

Am I able to order something from your tab? LOL j/k j/k

Best,
Ilham

Anytime man...Just make sure you order 2 of everything so I can get something as well:D That's cool...I think Nikki and Bill use the same one as well. Must be popular!:p Thanks for the reply Ilham!:)

Sounds great! I'll give Rob a call on Monday and see what he says about them both then...Thanks for the info:)

Krish, go with sybon or get a Milwaukee, both are sound worth every penny. Better to pay now then later.

Thanks Bob...The sybon is only like $10 more than the one I posted. Is it that much better IYO?

krish75 said:
Thanks Bob...The sybon is only like $10 more than the one I posted. Is it that much better IYO?

They been doing it a longtime, I dont carry them but I have one for about 4 years I think, Never really had to recalibrate it. My Milwaukee is the same way. Either are great quality and long life. I cant vouch for the one you posted , But I know sybon and Milwaukee both are more then great in quality.

They been doing it a longtime, I dont carry them but I have one for about 4 years I think, Never really had to recalibrate it. My Milwaukee is the same way. Either are great quality and long life. I cant vouch for the one you posted , But I know sybon and Milwaukee both are more then great in quality.

Sounds good man...I'll just get both and call it a day:p(LOL) I'll get one or the other. Seems like both have pretty good reputations so far:)

Hey I have the same!

I have the same one Krish and it always stays the same as this guy ;) I love them both: Redundancy buddy

http://www.americanmarineusa.com/salinityfacts.html

krish75 said:
Hey gang! Time for me to buy something new again and I was curious as to what you guys thought of this refractometer...

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...n=PROD&Product_Code=REFRACT-PA&Category_Code=

I think it is really about time I get one to make sure my salt levels are up to standards seeing I just use a coralife hydrometer. I've heard "bad things" about using hydrometers (eventhough I keep mine like brand new with the cleaning and storage after each use) but with corals going in very soon, I don't want to take any chances:)

Back