REMORA Q's ageain

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

OK, im gonna try to make this make some sence....

OK remora with a maxi jet OK you know the part that the jet plugs in to. (its a little clear tube), then the peace that connects to has a little addaper that treads in to a solid grey plastic tube, that has a 45 degree and another 45degree though the plasitc (the hull of the skimmer) then a 90 in strait down, where it then has a chance to pass though air... (to make injertor bubbles)

My question is this, there is a set screw in the top (they refer to it as the injector set screw) ive just removed this for the first time in about 5,6 months (first time ever and cleaned my Cheto outta it)

does this screw effect the micro bubbles some how? by puting it in more or less?

i dont think so but i wanna check.
2nd,

is there anything in the injector hole (like a screen or anything) or it was just a hole, and now that i cleaned it i can see through it ageain, cause when i first pulled the screw out i didnt see through it. I saw cheto. so i stuffed the special not so special brush that they gave me through the hole and cleaned it.

Now i can see and its working like mad i didnt loose anything right?

also 4ne of you that have one.

were do you set you cup about, closer to the top or bottem............ Im not asking because of how wet or dri i want my skinmate to fill.

But because i think maybe it might have bin cloged for a while (since i started it) and now its bubbleing like mad so i had to move it the middle

ROFL!! This is my 3rd time looking here and don't know what to say because I'm not familiar with the skimmer(LOL). Maybe you can send Mark (skimmerwhisperer) a pm if you don't get any feedback here and see what he says. I'm sure he's messed with that skimmer tons of times:)

Yeah, I have a Remora. That "screw" doesn't effect bubbles at all, it's pre-injector. It's only for cleaning, and setting its depth doesn't change anything.

The jet that's straight down from that screw is nothing special. It's just a hole at the end of the plumbing (It may have a special tip, but there's nothing you can alter). You've done all the maintenance you can do on the Remora.

right on, guys its working like mad now, i can beleave it!.

I think its safe to say, that i might have had a little less hassle if i would have cleaned this more offten. i had a hard time geting the screw out, so i emailed the remora team and asked them for the thread size and pitch.
I also told them that they might want to consiter replaceing the screw with a metal head and plastic bottem (kina cocky i guess) but i suggested it to them.

when i went to take it out for the first time it was very diffacult and i kinda malled it up a little, (since it was plastic)

BUt the cups filling like crazy, and now for the first time ever since i had it, i had to set the cup much higher then ever b4. leading me to think that it migh thave bin glogged since day one. (since first settle)

alot good you are krish! thought you were the man, now i know the truth........

LOL j/k buddie, i knew you wouldnt have much 2 say cause i know you dont have anything small like this, (You 2 good for us)

j/k

Just having your skimmer cup fill up fast doesn't mean it's "working like crazy." Make sure it's filling up with the right stuff. I've had mine set wrong and it'd fill up with water but it wasn't a very "sludgy" water. I adjusted it to where it was filling up with real foamy bubbles that would collapse into sludge...kinda like the foam at the top of a rootbeer float...lol.

working in crazy referd to the amount of bubles comeing up the center now as compared to b4 when there was cheto stuff in the jet area

rootbeer it is!

"Ahead full power"

Also if you clean out the intake tube into the collection cup once a week with a bottle brush it helps the performance as well. Mine always works better with a clear and clean tube and once there is build up it seems to slow down the bubbles. My collection cup is set about right in the middle between the highest and the lowest setting.

thanks reiner, thats were mine is now set aswell.

On the other hand ive gotten in contact with the Aqua C Crew, and i told them very nicely that i was happy and yada yada yada, but the screw was weak and got mangled and there gonna set me a new one for free :)

Not that i care i would have gladly paided, but i told them to redue there design, so it doesnt get messed up in the upcomeing cleanings

Good people

Back