remora question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jake65

Whats the best way to stop or slow down the amount of micro bubbles coming from my remora (w/mj 1200) Currently the collection cup is seated down as far is it can go.

TIA :)

Me too

I'm having the same problem. I bought an aqua c remora pro with the mag 3 and it's been running about 2 weeks now. Although, there are fewer bubbles then there were initially I'm starting to get worried that the micro bubbles won't stop.

I've had one running on my system for about a year now, the microbubbles slowed down for me after about a month but have never gone completely away. If you ever do learn how to get rid of them let me know :)

I used the overfllow box as well. It is ugly and quite large but I really reduces the amount of micro bubbles. Time seems to work as well. After about 3 months the micro bubbles will be reduced significantly.

Regards,

Pat

You could probably build something pretty easily that would fit under the downspout to catch the outflow. Like a specimen container with the handle cut off and a couple suction cups glued on the back, then the bottom cut out and an aquaclear sponge added should work fine. You lose the benefit of the surface skimming that you get with the overflow box that way. It would definitely work though! I've thought a few times about redesigning the box so that it was clear and you could just drop chaeto in it for a small refugium. In my spare time, you know ;).

Barbie

Thanx evryone, I had thought about the overflow box but like you guys said it is big and ugly. Maybe I can make something like you said Barbie, thanx for the info :)

hmm, im useing the remora with the 1200, its bin runing for 6 months or so, havent had any problems like this. I mean at very first it was, but you gotta let you get the nice slime stuff in it, and let it do its thing.

but thats IOM

i think that when its new (witch is the way i under stand this) its normal

Picture3000306.jpg

if you have a good load on it, Id imagin that it should have some stuff on it looking nasty like mine.

except for the snail and the baby snails in my skimmer

Back