removing anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ollie51

bought a rose bubble tip and got an additional green bubble tip on the rock it came with question ,how would i go about removing it from the rock and trying to get it on a different rock? the green one is real small size of a marble.

It ain't gonna be happy when you do that. But you can ( I've done it very effectively) use a powerhead and make a reduced venturi type of adapter out of hose or any other devise to accomplish the same principle to administer a direct yet not too powerful stream of tank water just under the edges of the foot thereby gently peeling it off the rock. Attaching to another may require some pleading...

overnight both moved off the rock they were on. the RBTA settled into a nook on the bottom ,little green BTA is wandering around,its pretty small dont think it will really bother anyone,its smaller than a marble. what do you guys think?

I think there is a good chance it is not a green BTA. It may be a pest anemone - Majano. Can you get a pic?

dont think its a manjano this has a more bubble tip,much lighter and has a base more like an anemone eats small pieces of mysis and closes up to digest,ive never had a manjano in mytank so i have no idea ,mine is similiar but not the same thanks for your input,as soon as i can ill try to get a pic but its setteled under a ledge

Back