Renton Washington

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jbudgeon

So I have to relocated over to the Seattle area due to my wife receiving a promotion.(She'll be working out of Tacoma). I'll likely be working in Seattle. We're looking at living in Renton in the highlands/kennydale area. Any thoughts on this area? Anyone have any knowledge or info to share?:)

store

Barrier reef is right down the kennydale hill :D

This is good news and bad news LOL

:badgrin:

Almost forgot that sierra pets is the other direction LOL

Your done for youll be way to close to fish stores :D

*enter evil cackle here* Welcome to the dark side my pretty....

But really, i've lived in Renton/Kent for like 13 years... Some areas are better then others... And I guess it doesn't hurt that Barrier is in the same area. ;)

I don't know much about the Highlands but the Kennydale neighborhoods seem pretty nice. Lake Washington is really close and there are a few nice Parks/Beaches right there. The new shopping centers at Renton Landing are at most 5 minutes away. Target, Fry's, Eagle Hardware, Staples, Movie Theatre, etc. Welcome to the neighborhood:)

Thanks for all the responses. and I'm sure having Barrier Reef close by will be nice....and dangerous as well :) So what is the main Reef Club in the area? Are the members in the club pretty active( frag swaps, meetings, etc). How about other activities (Fly fishing :D, breweries) just listing the important thing hahaha:lol: thanks for all your help just a little nervous about moving to a new area and not knowing about the area or anyone.:oops:

If you decide to join the local club PSAS you meet alot of great people.
Alot of people fish up here as well as keep fish.:)

jbudgeon,

I've been living in the highlands area a little over a year. I'm borderline Issaquah though (900 and duvall/coalcreek). There's a lot of new housing being built in the area. For the most part, I like it. Depending on the area you're in, there's easy access to a lot of stores.

I also work in tacoma, at ~7am, it takes me about 35-40mins to get to work. I leave work about 4:40-5pm and usually get home by 6pm in heavy traffic. Depending on the day and phase of the moon. It can range from 40-75mins. I5 is no problem. It's mainly 405 that you get stuck in. They're also adding an addtional lane from 167 to 169. That's where the backup usually starts. It should get better once the lanes get finished.

Back