Replacement Temperature Controller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dnjan

alveopora
My Jalli JT1000 heater controller died, and I am looking for suggestions for a replacement. A two-stage controller would be nice, but I don't want to spend a fortune.

Suggestions???

That's the one I have been looking at, but figured I would make the request with no implied bias.

I wired the Jali into a relay so I could set it at the upper temperature (turn on additional cooling fans), and also have it serve as a back-up to the built-in thermostat in my heaters. Unfortunately the Jalli started getting wider and wider in its on-off range (wouldn't turn the fan on until it got to 82 and then wouldn't turn off until around 76), and it finally wouldn't turn off at all earlier this week.

So I will probably wire the Ranco single stage into the relay-system I already have (too bad the 2-stage is so much more expensive).

Thanks for the recommendation.

That's the one I have been looking at, but figured I would make the request with no implied bias.

I wired the Jali into a relay so I could set it at the upper temperature (turn on additional cooling fans), and also have it serve as a back-up to the built-in thermostat in my heaters. Unfortunately the Jalli started getting wider and wider in its on-off range (wouldn't turn the fan on until it got to 82 and then wouldn't turn off until around 76), and it finally wouldn't turn off at all earlier this week.

So I will probably wire the Ranco single stage into the relay-system I already have (too bad the 2-stage is so much more expensive).

Thanks for the recommendation.

Are you running a plc?

Don

Hey Don,

diyreef.com has the dual stage Ranco prewired for $116.96. Is that the model you recommend?

Hey Don,

diyreef.com has the dual stage Ranco prewired for $116.96. Is that the model you recommend?

Sounds like a good deal, thats where I got my single stage. I got my single with 1-10v from grainger.

Don

Back