Rescue Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well, we have an excellent opportunity to adopt these fish out this weekend since th eclub meeting (PSAS) is here in Silverdale. I can bag and bring them to Eric's or they can be picked up at my place, which is about 10 minutes from The Shark Reef.

They are all in much better shape, eating well, and good color.

if you still have them after my new tank is setup (about 2 weeks)
I'd be interested in the Tang, Cardnil, and even that Black Damsel

but my current tank can't comfortably handle them (or make that tang happy at all)

your the man!!!

Thats awesome to see someone work so hard at taking care of unwanted,unappreciated fish as you do..... I will send anyone who adopts these fish a 3 month supply in the mail of vitamin packed gel based fish food that I make.......I admire those who are willing to give these beautiful fish a good home.... Kudos to you Jonathan:)......aloha

Russ, no problem if they are still around, but I would really like them to go into a mature system...these guys have suffered a lot over the last year. The one benefit wold be that they would all go into it at the same time, so stay in touch and we'll what happens.

Thanks WPH. Unfortunately this hobby tends to be a bit abusive at times, mostly from lack of knowledge, and I feel that those of us that are more experienced should do what we can to ensure the safety of the animals we keep. I am just thankful that the people who had these fish finally did the right thing and did not wait until all the fish had died.

That is a very generous offer!! :)

Well, the good news is that among others, Mike (McLighting) came over after today's meeting and adopted the yellow tang. Hurray! Thanks for taking that beautiful fish home, and I hope you feed it well! :lol:

Aloha Mike (McLighting) Thank you for adopting the Yellow Tang please do keep us posted on the fishes recovery....pm me with your address and I will mail you your first batch of vitamin packed,gel based food....aloha Les @ WPH

Aloha Mike (McLighting) Thank you for adopting the Yellow Tang please do keep us posted on the fishes recovery....pm me with your address and I will mail you your first batch of vitamin packed,gel based food....aloha Les @ WPH

Very cool indeed. I am really looking forward to learning more about your product.

Well Russ, looks like you are it. None of these worthless PSAS members are going to step up and adopt these poor orphaned fish. I mean, who wouldn't want a nice sweet cinnamon clown or a energetic, family oriented blue velvet damsel?

Seriously, the fish are all doing well, eating fine and behavior is normal. The blue velvet damsel is still afraid of me, but looking sharp. The clown is also very shy, but I don't think its ever been in a tank with a real skimmer. :rolleyes:

Any word on the yellow tang?

I'm not planning on adding any more fish this week,
maybe after I get back from orygun next week if he's still available...

I gotta read on the Velvet Damselfish

I don't think the cinnamon clown will get along with my pair of GSM's tho.

did you get rid of the Cardinal?

so,
what's still needing a home?

it looks like I'm gonna keep my 38gal running,
roommate is gonna put in 2 fuzzy dwarf lionfish 1.5-2"
and a 5" snowflake eel

that clown is big enough to take care of himself in there, you think?

The clown and the damsels would probably be fine. The cardinalfish would not. Even the small damsel might get into trouble, but it is one quick fish. The velvet damsel is perfect for being in a tank with other agrgessive fish. The two of them are doing quite well and eating like pigs.

cool,
I will take the Cardinalfish for my main tank,
and the damsel and the clown can go in my roommate's tank (my old tank)

we'll have to setup a time,

Back