Review of recent purchase from NY Aquatic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NC2WA

I recently purchased a 5 inch Goldflake angelfish from NY Aquatic. This was my first purchase with this company. As most of you know I am very very particular (ok, picky) :) when it comes to purchasing angelfish. After talking to another reefer on the forum (Jimdogg), I decided to give NY Aquatic a chance.

FEDEX delivered the package before 10:30a in a nicely packaged box. The bag was packed multiple times (4X to be exact) and was filled with plenty of
water (another pet peeve of mine of some vendors, don't include enough water) and the fish was alert and healthy. There was some leaking of the
bag, but not enough to be concerned with.

I did a thorough 1 hr 45 min acclimation as the pH of the bag was 7.2 and the QT tank it was going into was 8.3.**

Once in the QT tank, I did a thorough inspection of the fish and all I can say is WOW !! Absolutely a gorgeous and stunning fish. The goldflake is extremely healthy and alert, has clear fins and eyes and the colors are excellent.

I am very pleased with this purchase and as long as the result of future purchases are like this, I plan on buying additional fish from NY Aquatic.

If you want some harder to find angelfish or just fish in general, give NY Aquatic a try. You will not be disappointed.

I will be posting a video of this fish tomorrow after it has had a full day acclimation and updates along the way.

**(I advise placing all fish from any vendor into a QT tank for 4-6 wks)

Michael is the owner of NYaquatic, he is great. Love to buy his fish, he take care you right away if there is a problem.

TNT,

Before I ordered from him, I sent him 3 emails and called him once...he was quick to reply and very nice to deal with...he has email notifications which notifies him when a package has arrived...

Pics of this gorgeous angelfish or it didnt happen....

;)

Nick

it is, and the fish did quite well in shipping...was very alert when I got him out of the bag...

I've posted a video of the Goldflake angelfish here:

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f14/video-goldflake-angel-qt-65111/#post671810

Jill,

I have the following angelfish in my main tank:

6 inch Blueface angel
6 inch Passer angel
5-6 Personifier angel

I have a 6.5 inch Queen angel in QT that is doing great and a Majestic angel in QT.

you can watch the fish in my tank real time by connecting to my WebCam..(link is under my signature)

Can you tell I love the color and beauty of angelfish? Some people like buying shoes, I like buying angefishes... :D :D

Very Beauitful!!! It's always exciting to add new members but going about in the way that you are is a important remind for our protection. I watched the video and man that is a outstanding Angel. I appreciate the sharing. Dtech07

Wow = that is a beautiful fish and she does look very healthy! I tried to look at your live feed the first time I read your post but can't get it to work. Your other fish must be gorgeous!

I love angelfish too but only have one, a Majestic. I got "Fred" at Barrier about a year ago; he was from someone's tank that they had dismantled so I feel really lucky to have him. He's grown and is about 6" now and very fat. I was a little worried about him eating some of my LPS but he is a perfect gentleman, however my two Cardinal Shrimp started to maintain a low profile and I hardly see them anymore. Never seen him nip anyone but the shrimp seem to be a little worried about him.

Jill and Spinner,

Thank you.

Jill,

navigate to www.kirksoceantreasures.info. When prompted to install the ActiveX control for the camera, say Yes. this should prompt you for login info:

For username type guest
For password type guest

hours are 11a-8p PST.

any questions, let me know.
thanks again for the nice comments.

Back