rics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

motohead

well i purchased 8 rics today.got 4 blue and 4 pink coming to me on tuesday next week.i got some green ones already in my tank and i think it will be nice looking all those diff colors.now comes the question of the day.does it make you wimpy in reef world if you like soft corals and the way they look rather than sps?lol.i think i have found my likes in coral.and the funny thing is i never really realized it till i took stock in what i had in my tank.softies.man,that just sounds wimpy.hahaha.anyway,will post some pics after they acclimate.cant wait. :lol:

motohead - it doesn't make you whimpy if you prefer soft corals over SPS. There are plenty of hobbyists that don't like the look of SPS....a lot say they like the movement that softies provide.

Look forward to the pics of your new acquistions!

Motohead sounds like you got at good deal on those rics better than $175 for just one I hope :eek: .I have nothing but soft coral in my tank been that way for two years now. I like sps and lps but every tank I see now thats all that is in them and they look good but you cant beat a tank full of softies.

It is kind of weird when you are at the lfs getting your new soft coral and the 8 year old boy is getting his new sps in the tank next to you and looks at you with a smirk and says nice coral :lol:

i got the eight of them for 142 shipped overnight to my house.a great deal if you ask me. :eek2:

Hey motohead if you don't mind who did you get them from? I can't find any pink ones except that one at the lfs for $175.
Patrick

I have very little SPS in my tank . I know it is the cadillac of corals but I to think the swaying motion of softies looks much better . My wife and kids hate the look of SPS they say it looks dead even though the color is beautiful . So I have mainly softies and clams , thats what the family enjoy's :D

actually... the majority of marine keepers in America are fish keepers, and of the reef keepers in that marine category, the majority are soft coral keepers.

Its just that message boards and the Net are dominated by the outspoken minority of sps keepers.

I'm about as hard core of an sps guy as there is....but, I have my soft side too....

ricordea.jpg

That is my all time favorite photo and my wallpaper at home.

Back